Beerswap 2007 - Rhoobarb's Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
okay, pulled the NO-FAULT-ALT outta fridge

good pfft on opening nice 1/2 in head, good aroma on pour kinda malty sweet with a hint of saaz. head stuck around quite awhile somewhat effervesent when drank.

color is a nice deep bronze hinting at copper tones good contrast with the head

again the malt comes through when drinkin but it mixes nicely w the saaz. the hallertua adds more bite than thought it could.

very nice now i'm just gonna enjoy the rest:rockin:

Na-Na Hey-Hey Goodbye Beer

Aroma: great aroma, very spicy, from smelling it you can tell it is going to be a hoppy beer

Appearance: dark red-copper to light amber in color, good head retention

Taste: at first taste you get almost all malt ,a slight caramel flavor but that is quickly replaced by a very nice spicy, somewhat citrus hop flavor, and finished with a very clean bitter taste, very balanced in terms of sweetness to bittering but a very strong hop flavor

Mouthfeel: very smooth, finishes dry

Overall: this beer went very fast, wish I had another, let SWMBO try it (not usually a hop fan) and she really liked it too, her comments: "I can taste the hops but they don't have a harsh bitterness, it is like the first taste you get with an IPA."

I know very little of Cali Common beers, I have had one that I can remeber... the most "common" of them all. This makes me want to go find some more.

Thanks for sharing:mug:

Wow, thanks for the reviews, guys! Glad you liked them.:D

Let the critiquing continue!:mug: Just remember, the Kolsch is really carbed up. Be careful with it!

Kelly's Kolsch

Aroma: the high carbonation really throws the aroam out at you, really nice aroma, spicy malt, wine like aroma, fruity,

Appearance: light golden, maybe darker than some Kolsch I have had but whatever, cloudy from my crappy pour

Taste: very nice, failry fruity, not overly bitter but balanced, the choice of hops were excellent balanced with the malt flavor and the fruit flavor very nicely

Mouthfeel: you said it was over carbonated, yeah probably, that makes it kind of sharp and almost foamy in the mouth, not too bad though makes the beer have a very refreshing feel to it

Overall: I haven't had too many good Kolsch examples, I have made one and this tastes a lot like mine, so I guess that is good for both of us, I know a lot of people like to ferment much colder on these beers to kill that fruity flavor but it works very nicely here

Thanks for sharing:mug: (...burp...)

weizenbock:
decent pfft on opening, not much head 1/8-1/4 dissapating to thin lacing

nice brown coloring fading into coppers on the edges

not much of a aroma either way, do get a slight roasted malt taste with a hint of spicy bite on the backside

overall a very drinkable beer:rockin:

goodbye beer:

slight pfft, 1/4" head on pour dissappting quckly into lacing (maybe some cara-pils?). nice deep copper color with no chill haze

nice hop aroma, little malt flavor. good bite up front followed by a nice tang on the back

nice job mark (love having the recipes already):rockin:

Alt[/URL]

Pronounced psst when opening, poured with huge head that faded fast (my glass I'm sure)

Aroma: dark malts, caramel notes, some hop aroma that does not stick out on its own but really melds well with the complex malt aroma

Appearance: dark brown with dark copper highlights,

Taste: dark malt, caramel flavor up front, again hops really play into the flavor of the malt, spicy hop bitterness balances the heavy malt flavor and finishes the beer off nicely, wouldn't say that it is extremely dry but definitely not cloying at all

Mouthfeel: good body, but again, not overly sweet, carbonation level works well

Overall: can't say I have ever had a really good Alt to compare, but I am sure this is!

Thanks again.:mug:

Latest posts

Back