At work, can someone calculate ibu's for me??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerjunky828

Reaction score
Brewing a IIPA tonight and this is the proposed recipe:
4.25 gallons

13 lbs MO
1 lb. C-40
Mash at 149 F

3/4 oz Columbus (12.7%) - 60 mins

1 oz Centennial (9.0%) - 15 mins
1 oz Centennial - 12 mins
0.5 oz Cascade (7.7%) - 10 mins

1/4 oz Columbus - 0 mins
1/2 oz Cascade - 0 mins

I am at work and forgot to bring my computer with me. I am brewing this up at a friends house tonight. I need to know the ibu's as I want to be at least at 70 ibus but no more than 80.

Thanks

I get 37.3 IBU but that program never seems to get the IBU's right (unless im doing something wrong).

i don't understand. I entered almost this exact same recipe into beersmith a few days ago and it was giving me 70 ibus.

plugged it into brewpal on my iphone, and got 53IBU for what it's worth. anyone know why there's such a discrepancy between the brewpal and beersmith estimates? beersmith guys, did you adjust the volume to 4.25g?

also, OP, are we talking pellets or whole hops?

Ok well I have a general starting point. Thanks. I will take it from here. When I sit back and look at it, it seems a little on the low side for a IIPA (the total amount of hops used). Maybe I will turn it up a notch on the later additions. Thanks.

Back