Please convert this all-grain to extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boerderij_Kabouter

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I had a request for my Razzmatazz recipe to be converted to extract. However, I do not have the know-how to do it. Please help some fellow brewers out and come up with an extract version of this delicious beer. The below link is the recipe in our database, please post the extract version there. Thanks so much, and sorry to be a pain:tank:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=53649

Hello everybody!

I had a request for my Razzmatazz recipe to be converted to extract. However, I do not have the know-how to do it. Please help some fellow brewers out and come up with an extract version of this delicious beer. The below link is the recipe in our database, please post the extract version there. Thanks so much, and sorry to be a pain:tank:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=53649

What is this supposed to be?

1.06 # 56L

yep, that is Caramunich. Sorry, that is confusing. I think the Caramunich I used was 56L, that's why I noted it that way. Caramunich is the right choice though.

Thanks for the help!

It's tough because I don't think you can get vienna extract, and there really isn't a good replacement for it. The only thing I can think of to do to approximate it is to use like half as much Munich extract, but even that's difficult to get ahold of unless you're shopping online.

The best I can think of would be to do something like 3.3 lbs wheat LME, 3.3 lbs Pilsener LME (or even 6.6 lbs wheat LME), maybe 2 lbs Munich LME, steep the caramunich, and keep the rest the same.

do a partial mash with vienna, pilsner, wheat and caramunich. then add wheat extract. i could get you an actual recipe when i get home from work, but it will be something along these lines...

For 5 gallons
Mash:2 lb Wheat Malt, 1 lb Pilsner, 1 lb Vienna, 0.5 lb Caramunich

Extract: Wheat DME or LME (whatever you need to finish gravity.

that should get you close.

Latest posts

Back