Naked City Brewing has a location!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWIMBO and I will be there late may cant wait to drop buy. Gona pop the question while we're there so it should be a fun trip.

I'll be up in Seattle again this week for a wedding. It loos like I might be able to stop in Thursday night. I may have the family with me, maybe not, but if anyone wants to join me for a beer or two, maybe we can meet up. Don I hope to say hi again, and I wish the AHA rally was a week or so earlier. ;)

Finally got a chance to check out Naked City over the weekend. Great place! Really nice atmosphere, great tap list, great food and all around a nice experience. Bonus: They had Boulevard Wheat on tap which I have not had since moving to Seattle from Kansas City a few years ago. My wife was a huge fan as this is her favorite beer. We'll definitely be back!

Going to fly in tomorrow from Texas and stop by for a few, any recommendations?

Actually, he's pouring at the GABF this weekend

That's a fact. Don and Donald will likely both be in Denver pouring at the GABF. But hell, if you are in town Tolip, stop in anyway. Naked City is a great bar. The taps switch in and out quickly, but ask your server/bartender for a recomendation. They are pretty knowlegeable, and there is always great stuff on the taps.

Cheers

If I was "smart" I would have gone to GABF too!!!!

Well I'll be on my way to SEA, can't wait to see the place.

Just read this thread from front to back and all I have to say is congrats! That's awesome and inspiring that you are able to follow your dreams and gives hope for the rest of us! Keep up the awesome work! I've always wanted to do a NW beer tour and Naked City just gives me another excuse!! :D

Wow! I just read this whole thread. I've always wondered what it would take to start my own brewpub someday when I retire from the Air Force. Now, I have even more questions! HA! Anyways, I pass through Seattle a few times a year on my way in and out of Alaska. I'll stay the night next time and drop by! Also, if you wanted some art on your walls, you could let local artists put their stuff up in your pub and sell it there. You could get new art all the time and new artists would have a venue to sell their stuff! There's a cafe here in Anchorage that does that. Anyways, you obviously don't need my help. I'm just throwing ideas out there!

WOW AMAZING!!!! I'm only 2mo old in the home brewing community but just came accross this page today.

I just so happen to live 2hrs north on Whidbey Island! The SWMBO and I are on our way, cant wait to meet you Don and see the place in person. See you soon! :mug:

Pumped that I stumbled across this. I've been going to Naked City longer than I've been home brewing... Had no idea you were a HBT member. Thanks for opening such a fantastic taphouse and brewery, you guys are always #1 on my list when its time to find some new brews! Maybe I'll catch you there sometime.

P.S. Pickled Hop Shoots f-ing rule!

I briefly met Don tonight at Naked City and I realized that I forgot to let him know how I felt about "The Big Lebrewski Cream Stout"....

To sum it up... G'Damn fantastic! If you're in the Greater Seattle area, make sure you hit up Naked City and grab yourself a schooner of this little bit of heaven!

Cheers Don,

-Chris

I feel bad because I haven't really made it over there since it opened. The one day I stopped in they were still closed, but I did sample one of the first batches of the Big Lebrewski.

I keep hoping he will be able to start bottling and distributing soon.

Its well worth the ferry ride... Hit up Seattle for Naked City, and while you're at it, make a weekend of it. Cask Festival is coming up in early April at the Seattle Center, between that and Naked City, I think you've got more than enough reasons to make the trip.

Dang! I'm in Seattle, and went there, and they're closed in the brewery side... couldn't have any. Had a CDA from another Wa Brewery, but They're apparently expanding because they sales have been so fast. Good job, but bummed I couldn't taste any of their beers. Good Job on making it big time!

~Phil

I was up there a couple of weeks ago but could not stop. I had just dropped off about sixty children at the Taproot Theater around the corner. I didn't realize that opening time was 4pm until I saw this thread today. An on-duty school bus driver doesn't belong in a brewpub.

was in Seattle July 4, was bummed they were closed. The whole town was practically shut down. Could have used a beer though.
:mug:

Just read through this thread, just want to say congratulations and good to see that a whole lot of hard work paid off! I'll definitely stop by if I'm ever in your neck of the woods..

If you don't mind, can you share approximately what was the total startup cost? A total of about 90 seats right? How many people do you have for kitchen/bar/waitstaff?

Wish you much success!

Cheers!
-D

And also..

An on-duty school bus driver doesn't belong in a brewpub.

Good man! :mug:

It was 3 weeks ago. And busier than heck too. On a Thursday. I'm sure you'll have fun. It's one of my favorite places when I'm in Seattle.

Totally bummed you guys ran out of the Dude in Every Port Saturday before I got a chance to try it! When is that going on tap at your pub?

Totally bummed you guys ran out of the Dude in Every Port Saturday before I got a chance to try it! When is that going on tap at your pub?

I have another cask that will go on the bar top opening night of Seattle Beer Week. May 10th at 6pm

I have another cask that will go on the bar top opening night of Seattle Beer Week. May 10th at 6pm

Of course all the good things are happening on weekdays, when it's impossible for me to make it into the city. Do you guys fill growlers of the cask ales? I have a friend that lives near there willing to pick some up for me so I can get it on the weekend...

Beautiful restaurant you've created for yourselves. It looks very inviting.
Would it be possible to get more recent picture of the brewery? I would really be happy for action shots while a brew is being cooked up.

Someday i'll make the trip across the continent and visit Seattle.

Thought you all might like to see a couple of pictures of the brewery since our recent expansion!

NCBC.jpg

NCBC2.jpg

Sat down an hour ago while enjoying the first day of a weeks vacation in the NC mountains and wishing I was in Seattle!! Great thread and awesome brew-pub!!

Its great to see a small business thrive and GROW!
I like the lack of TV's. The one is enough, ya never know when you may have to change it over to breaking news. I also did not see a jukebox..awesome.
good Beer, conversation and a bit of food...that is all I ask from a mile house.

Back