going to Dallas today...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fletchsj

Reaction score
Didn't realize I'd have as much free time today and tomorrow, even Friday. Anything cool to so in Dallas? Or Denying area?

I'll be in denton. Just landed in Denver and headed to denton by this afternoon. Just looking for brewpubs, breweries, any sights that are must see. Thanks for the help.

Go to the book repository and see the spot from which Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK. I'm not much of a museum guy, but this one is worth it. Grassy knoll, overpass, the whole Zepruder film scene is still there.

... and the Cabernet Royale... ;)

I don't know if Deep Ellum Brewing Co. is open for tours or not. I don't think there are other breweries in Dallas you could get to (Franconia in McKinney only tours on Saturday). You could venture to Fort Worth and hit Rahr's Wednesday night tour. $7 for a pint glass, tour and beer.

Sadly, the only thing I really remember about Dallas was Traildust Restaurant. It's a little out of town, but quite the steakhouse. Don't think it was a beer mecca or anything though......

Go to the Dallas World Aquarium. I love that place. Very cool.

I've wanted to go to the Meddlesome Moth for a while, the food menu looks good and they seem to have quite a few beers on tap. The Ginger Man is a nice little place, been there a few times and recommend trying to stop by.

I'll be in denton. Just landed in Denver and headed to denton by this afternoon. Just looking for brewpubs, breweries, any sights that are must see. Thanks for the help.

For how long are you in town? Denton is a college town so there are a lot of bars to hit but I can't tell you about mulit-taps. Are wanting "refined" entertainment such as Museums? Or are you just looking to drink some beer?

Go to the book repository and see the spot from which Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK. I'm not much of a museum guy, but this one is worth it. Grassy knoll, overpass, the whole Zepruder film scene is still there.

... and the Cabernet Royale... ;)

Cabaret Royale, it's not a wine bar!!!!! :D And if this is the route you want to take The Men's Club is the best in Dallas, and The Lodge is a very close second. Cabaret has gone down hill in the last decade or so.

Yeah, we are just here through Saturday. We figured we'd drive into Dallas today to check out the JFK murder stuff and have lunch.

Yeah I'm not really into the whole men's club thing. Too many of those in Portland.... Most per capita in US. Really hoping for a decent brew pub in denton as we went to some place called pour house last night and while acceptable. Beer choices were pretty bad. I just might be spoiled back home though. Thanks everyone for your recommendations. I really appreciate them.

Cabaret Royale, it's not a wine bar!!!!! :D And if this is the route you want to take The Men's Club is the best in Dallas, and The Lodge is a very close second. Cabaret has gone down hill in the last decade or so.

Woops. I haven't been into one of those places in at least 10 years (closer to 20), but I do remember that one.

You could drop by Gordon Biersch on Park lane. The food is not bad and they have a decent beer selection.

There is also a Gordon Biersch in north Plano. In the Shops at Legacy. In the same shopping center is The Gingerman and Ringo's Pub. Both are pretty decent multi-taps, Gingerman having a better selection. It is basically at the Dallas North Tollway and Legacy, just south of Hwy 121 (Sam Rayburn Tollway). Lots of neat bars and restaurants in there. There is a Fox Sports Bar too if you're into that.

as mentioned... Gingerbread Man in Plano area. Mckinney (just up 380 from Denton) has Fraconia Brewery tours sat morning at 11, also good selection of beer at The Pub in downtown Mckinney. Flying Saucer in downtown ft worth and also addison.

Back