cheapest place for simcoe hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
where is the cheapest place you found for simcoe hops including shipping? i need a pound or 2, i want to brew a big batch of LWPA and some amarillo/simcoe ipa coming up.

i know some sponsors here have them, but im not looking for great customer service or fast shipping times, etc. im just concentrated on cheapest shipped price.

If you are willing to live dangerously, there's some simcoe on ebay for like $6-10/lb from 2009 stock. The two sellers I looked at have 100% and 99.2% feedbacks...I am cautiously considering.

If you are willing to live dangerously, there's some simcoe on ebay for like $6-10/lb from 2009 stock. The two sellers I looked at have 100% and 99.2% feedbacks...I am cautiously considering.

do you have a link? i see some for 1cent and $1 buy it now, but the shipping is $20-25

The Chi Company (chicompany.com) has 11 pound packages for $185 with free shipping (16.82/pound). Perhaps someone would be interested in setting up a group buy. I was fortunate to buy a pound from a local brewery for $15. He told me that his cost was $12/pound.

I've been looking for good prices on simcoe too, but I'm only interested in whole, not pellets. Not really excited about freshops 1.75/ounce, especially considering I bout a couple pounds last year for about half that from hops direct. Hopefully they'll stock them again this year.

yeah i think late august but it can take awhile for pellets

I know its been said, but Steeler77 has them for 1.25/oz.. thats 20/lb. I just ordered a pound of simcoe and a pound of warrior from him.

Niikobrew.com is currently selling Simcoe for $29.00/lb and flat $5 shipping charge. Too bad I was ready to place an order :(

That's too bad. I bought them a while ago (maybe a month or two?) when he had a big sale on hops by the pound. I should have bought more than one pound! I bought another variety, too, but I can't remember which one.

Although I have never brewed with Simcoe personally some of my favorite microbrews and friends home brews have been with this hops of choice.

My mouth waters every time I think about Weyerbackers Simcoe Double IPA. (Delicious)!

i've purchased from Steeler77 twice now. one shipment of a pound of simcoe, then another shipment of 1 lb simcoe, 1lb citra, and 1lb columbus, all pellet.

i was very satisfied with my orders. price, shipping time, packaging, and quality were all exceptional.

I say one of us should go to chicompany.com and get an 11# box. Either that, or I will call up hopunion and see what they will do an 11# box of simcoe for. After I find out the lowest price, I will bump the thread and post something in the classifieds. If I am the one making the purchase, I will be using food saver bags. Problem with that?

Latest posts

Back