Is anyone doing a mid-week brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup I mashed in about 9:30 last night and finished about 1 this morning so I guess I brewed on 2 days this week:p

I brew when I have time and this week it was too nasty cold to work outside so I brewed a Belgian Wit yesterday and and Irish Red today (both half size batches, ideal for the kitchen stove). My wife doesn't drink and isn't fond of the smell of the grains and hops so I try to brew when she is at work.

I brew after work quite a bit. Weekends are usually quite busy, and sometimes it just works out best to knock out a batch on a weeknight. I brewed Monday.

i have a strange work schedule and brew when I can. Today was too farging cold to do outside stuff so I knocked off a quick porter.

Mid week brew right here! Making a wheat extract from a kit right now.

The only problem is it was really hard to concentrate on work when I knew there would be brewing tonight.

I brewed today and most of my brewing is done on Thursdays since I am off work. I have another brew scheduled for next Thursday too.

I used to when I was doing extract batches. Now that I'm doing all grain it takes a bit longer and is a bit more involved so I haven't done a mid-week batch yet.

I used to when I was doing extract batches. Now that I'm doing all grain it takes a bit longer and is a bit more involved so I haven't done a mid-week batch yet.

I've been doing my all grain BIAB. It only takes the mash time more than I spent on extract or even close to the same with steeping grains since my grains are ground pretty fine and I don't really have to mash for the full hour. I tried one on Tuesday with a 30 minute mash and I think that will be fine. About 3 1/2 hours total from starting to assemble equipment and grains from my basement to the main floor to having everything cleaned and put away in the basement again. I started BIAB to see if I would want to invest in the equipment to do the conventional mash tun/lauter/sparge and decided I liked the simplicity so much I stuck with it.

RM-MN said:
I've been doing my all grain BIAB. It only takes the mash time more than I spent on extract or even close to the same with steeping grains since my grains are ground pretty fine and I don't really have to mash for the full hour. I tried one on Tuesday with a 30 minute mash and I think that will be fine. About 3 1/2 hours total from starting to assemble equipment and grains from my basement to the main floor to having everything cleaned and put away in the basement again. I started BIAB to see if I would want to invest in the equipment to do the conventional mash tun/lauter/sparge and decided I liked the simplicity so much I stuck with it.

Likewise! I don't think I'll change from BIAB to the standard AG anytime soon...

I often brew on Tuesdays as my SWMBO is at work and I teach on the other weekdays.

I work shift work, so I'm usually brewing on a Thursday or Friday. My brewing buddy just changed to a new work schedule, so we will be able to brew together on Fridays. Just yesterday I did a 2.5 gallon batch of Black Coffe RyePA.

Just brewed today, 5.5 gallon batch of an English Pale Ale. Had to beat the cold, its going to drop to -15 tonight and the propane tanks dont work real well in that cold!!

I also brewed Thursday. Turned out to be a long day as I went 12:00 to 7:00 including cleanup, but the Vanilla Bourbon Porter is perking away now. I also infused the vanilla bean in whiskey, and got my kegs (Brewing Elements) and fridge conversion kit (Birdman) in and this will my first kegging experience in over 10 years!

I usually brew Thursday nights because the wife and kids are out of the house. Brewed up a doppelbock this week.

I also brewed Thursday. Turned out to be a long day as I went 12:00 to 7:00 including cleanup, but the Vanilla Bourbon Porter is perking away now. I also infused the vanilla bean in whiskey, and got my kegs (Brewing Elements) and fridge conversion kit (Birdman) in and this will my first kegging experience in over 10 years!

^ :rockin:

Back