BIAB Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooba

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of trying to do a BIAB batch. I won a 18.5 gallon aluminum pot with a basket from a raffle at my son's school. To make it easier, can I just order an all grain kit from Midwest? I do have the beersmith software. I can just put in the information to get the water volumes, right?

Yes, I've made good BIAB beer from Midwest kits.
The tricky part (until you've used the pot a few times) is to get your boil-off numbers dialed in.
Make sure you take pre-boil gravity and volume measurements so you can adjust if needed.
Beersmith is very helpful if you need to re-run some numbers before boil to hit target gravity and volumes.
Good luck!

Dougie63 said:
what kind of school does yson go to to win beer brewing equip? lol

Haaaaaaaa!! We live in Cajun country in Louisiana and they were raffling off a crawfish boiling pot and burner along with all kinds of other cooking things!! I already have a pot for crawfish so this will be my BK for now!!

wolfman_48442 said:
Yes, I've made good BIAB beer from Midwest kits.
The tricky part (until you've used the pot a few times) is to get your boil-off numbers dialed in.
Make sure you take pre-boil gravity and volume measurements so you can adjust if needed.
Beersmith is very helpful if you need to re-run some numbers before boil to hit target gravity and volumes.
Good luck!

I guess I put the batch size as 5 gallons. Right?

Back