Vissani (Magic Chef) Kegerator Owners...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louballs

Reaction score
I have one of the Vissani (Magic Chef) kegerators that I picked up for very cheap. After getting the temperature issue squared away installing a few cooling fans, it is working great! My new issue is that I can't install any custom tap handles due to the faucet not being a standard size (why they would do this I don't know..). I've done a lot of searching/googling and can't come up with any definitive answers. Some people say they switched out the faucet and shank with no issues. Some people say they couldn't. Others say they added a new tower, while others have said a new tower didn't fit right either??

Has anyone on here done this to theirs and if so can you tell me which parts you used and any issues you ran into??

Thanks!

Lou

I had the same issue. On mine. I swapped out the tap and shank. tried swapping out the tap first. but it wouldn't thread into the shank that came with the kegerator. so i went to my lhbs and got a new shank. Let me know if that was helpful.
rian

Thanks Rian!

Did the tap/shank fit ok with the stock Vissani tower? I've heard some people had issues. Looking at the faucets/shanks ok micromatic, im not sure what size shank to get that will fit properly...

Interesting, I didnt think of using one with the curve, but with the small tower thats probably a good idea. I will swap out the beer line next too between kegs and my next cleaning. Thanks for the help!

Lou

Last question, what diameter beer hose did you use? Micromatic states the standard 3/16" is not good for over 5 feet. Did you use 1/4"?

Thanks!

My pressure varies depending on the beer i have on there. I suppose I will have to increase it with a longer line. What advantage does the longer beer line give you?

Longer line allowed me to raise my pressure to my kegs. They weren't carbed enough for me.

Ahhh ok, im not actually making my own beer...yet. Im using commercial beers so they are already carbed pretty well.

If you have the keg for awhile. It will start to go flat if your pressure is too low. 12ish and you should be good to go. Or drink faster.

Back