Suspension without pay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicratlhead51

Reaction score
I'm watching the latest episode of Dexter. Deb just got suspended from her job with pay. Yeah, with pay! Why is it on cop dramas they get so upset about this kind of thing, especially the position she's in, she's not fired or demoted, she knows her boss is using her as a fallguy and when its over it probably won't get mentioned. I guess I'm crazy but I'd be like "OK I been bad" then I'd take vacation. Does that mean I have no consience?:eek:

I can't see a problem with your line of thinking. Makes sense to me.

Though, on the flip side, the ones that usually get suspended are the ones that get made out to be the most passionate about what they do. I guess it would similar to saying "you have to keep brewing but you don't get to drink any of it."

I was thinking the same thing. Dexter is such a good show I can't wait for next week's episode.

Makes sense in the Dexter situation to think it is sweet.
In the real world however you would be sitting there s**ting yourself thinking what dirt they are digging up on you to have a legitimate reason to fire you.
If it something none major you would likely just get a written warning, a slap on the hand and back to work. Supsension without pay gives the play makers time to find out if they want to keep you around without worrying about you making more trouble.
I would not like to be in that position ;)

I can't see a problem with your line of thinking. Makes sense to me.

Though, on the flip side, the ones that usually get suspended are the ones that get made out to be the most passionate about what they do. I guess it would similar to saying "you have to keep brewing but you don't get to drink any of it."

Uhh what planet are you from? Cops that beat and murder innocent people are the ones who make headlines getting suspension with pay during a go-nowhere investigation.

I have no problem with honest cops, but there is some messed up **** that goes on in America.

Cops that beat and murder innocent people are the ones who make headlines getting suspension with pay during a go-nowhere investigation.

i.e. The cops that a very passionate about their job, to them everyone is a criminal ;)

Uhh what planet are you from? Cops that beat and murder innocent people are the ones who make headlines getting suspension with pay during a go-nowhere investigation.

I have no problem with honest cops, but there is some messed up **** that goes on in America.

I thought we were talking about TELEVISION cops. I have never heard of an actual Law Enforcement Official being suspended with pay for what you mentioned. Not saying it doesn't happen, I just haven't hear of it.

I worked in a town where a police officer was caught with cocaine with intent and was suspended with pay. Blew me away. .. .

Suspension with pay usually means that the department wants to fire the person but is making sure that they can legally do it. With pay is very rare in most places. Without pay usually means that the suspension alone is the punishment for whatever happened.

Back