What do you do with 12 oz of Chinook

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatz

Reaction score
I've got 12 oz of Chinook at 12.5%AA from a local brewery. What in the hell do you do with that much Chinook? I really don't use this hop at all. However, I'm not going to refuse a free score like that!!! What would an all Chinook IPA taste like? Anyone got any BIG recipes that would work?:mug:

Take some of it down to your LHBS and try to trade it for some other varitities. They may be very happy to get some Chinook.

Sounds good. I've got a pale ale on tap and a Two Hearted Clone on tap. I was looking for a stout or a barley wine. But I'll brew another IPA and just let it sit for a couple of months. Thanks for the info Ed. I'll brew it up. :mug:

I've got 12 oz of Chinook at 12.5%AA from a local brewery. What in the hell do you do with that much Chinook? I really don't use this hop at all. However, I'm not going to refuse a free score like that!!! What would an all Chinook IPA taste like? Anyone got any BIG recipes that would work?:mug:

Sell it to me! Seriously, if you want to trade some, let me know. I need a couple of ounces. I have Centennial, Galena, Saaz, Cluster, and EKG(1oz). Pm me if your interested.:mug:

You can make a great IPA with all Chinook. Do you have brewing software? It will help you figure out how much Chinook and other ingredients to use to attain the style you're looking for. I use Beer Tools Pro but there are several choices out there.

Arrogant Bastard is an good example of what you can do with Chinook hops. A clone recipe of that should eat through a good portion of those hops. I love me some Chinook, I just wish my plant had produced better. I used up most of my supply in an all Chinook IPA using the second runnings from the 09-09-09 Barleywine.

Craig

I have to do the same thing with my Chinook and Cascade, figure out how to use it. I'm thinking lots of IPA's, Pale Ales, etc...

Why must you tempt me so? I already have an all Chinook IPA in the primary and I'm just about out on my supply, but now I'm dreaming of an AB clone with lots and lots of Chinook I don't have. :(:(:(

And to think I have a pound each of Centennial and Cascades harvested from my hops and all I really want is Chinook. I hope the Chinook does better next year.

Craig

Why must you tempt me so? I already have an all Chinook IPA in the primary and I'm just about out on my supply, but now I'm dreaming of an AB clone with lots and lots of Chinook I don't have. :(:(:(

And to think I have a pound each of Centennial and Cascades harvested from my hops and all I really want is Chinook. I hope the Chinook does better next year.

Craig

Sorry, Craig- but to add insult to injury, I'm DRINKING one right at this exact moment. Today was a brew day, and the yeast is pitched and already starting to give me some airlock activity, and I'm having a beer before I go bowhunting this afternoon.

An all chinook IPA sounds every bit as good, though! That should be on my list for "upcoming".

Thanks so much guys. I'll get on an AB clone. With all the hops I just might do some searching and see if I can double my double and bastard my bastard! :mug:

Back