kegconnection tower kit and sanyo 4912

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quixotic

Reaction score
Question for those that have used the kegconnection kit with the Sanyo:

I cannot for the life of me find t nuts that fit the metric machine screws from the kit. Checked Home Depot, Osh, and Ace. I thought about using 1/4'' machine screws and t nuts, but they don't fit through the holes in the tower. I've got 1 more store to check, but if they don't have the metric t nuts, I'll have to switch to a smaller size bolt.

What bolts/t nuts have people used? Will a wood screw without a t nut do the job? Is there a good length to use so that I don't have to trim the end of the screw?

Not quite sure which ones you are referring to; If you're talking about the screws for the tower that go into t-nuts inserted into wood back plate, you can always get new bolts sized with the right t nuts at any home supply store. Take them both in and start sizing/screwing (Advise your local store or Home Depot, Lowes has everything in bags).

As far as the length, if you are using a 1/2' wood back plate, 5/8 or so should work (I got long ones, and shortened them with my wire cutters before installing). A lot of people use a hacksaw blade for shortening once they are screwed in, but I would advise a Dremel with a metal cutoff.

Back