Mounting my RIMS setup.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pentiumone133

Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking for some creative solutions to my issue here and maybe some examples of ways to pull this off.

I am building my RIMS setup for maintaining mash temp in my keggle during BIAB. My boil is still fueled by propane. I have the system completely assembled and built, but right now its sprawled out all over my basement floor.

I do not have a permanent brew stand and no plans for one in the future, I bring my gear to friends houses to brew more than I brew at my own, so a stand is impractical.

Im looking for some way to contain my pump, RIMS tube, plate chiller, and all the electronics on some single device so that it is easy to transport. I was thinking of using a nice metal toolbox but the more I thought about that, the more I realized that sealing a bunch of 120VAC electronics in a box with flowing moving water pumps etc that can spring a leak at any time did not sound like a good idea to me.

I was thinking of just getting a couple 2x4s and building a small stand, maybe 15"x15" and laying a piece of nice MDF over it and fastening a mailbox post sticking straight up, about 2'. Everything would then be screwed into this. I would build a spereate box to house all the electronics at the top, and fasten it to the top of the post.

Kind of like a poor mans tower of power.

Any suggestions? I swear I've seen examples of a similar setup around hte net, but I'm coming up blank now.

Thanks

Metal Box dolly or hand cart sometimes called a two wheeler.
web_box_dolly_dutro_5010s_ps_062210.jpg

Metal gives you something easy to drill into and tap or bolt items to. Also round tube clamps are easy to acquire at any big box store. It has wheels so making things portable just got easier.

You could bolt your plate chiller and rims tube to one side and your electrical box/connections to the other. Use the load up the burner and kettle onto it and cart it where you need to go then set out your burner and kettle with the dolly behind/next to it.

Oh and they make some that are configurable for more options.
harper-trucks-nylon-convertible-hand-truck.jpg

You should be able to find one cheap enough. I bought one for $15 at a yard sale a few years back.

Back