My Year in Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
August 25, 2012 - Post-hike, Shelving Rock, Lake George - Genny Light

image-3862098659.jpg

AHAHAHA!!! Cool, man - glad to see you picked up Papazian's book. You like so far?

That's a lot of empty kegs. Better get to work!

Ha - no worries!

Brewing an Oatmeal Stout this weekend and have five beers fermenting in the brew cave that will be looking for new homes in the next three weeks.

Bought a few extra to start using as secondaries for long term lagering. That way I can get two or three in my 5 cu ft chest freezer (instead of one carboy).

I'm going to have to start bottling again soon simply because I can't drink the beer fast enough. I have six on tap, I'm full now and I'm about to have five more in the wings. First world problem eh?

Hmm... what might be the Professor's drink of choice? From the color, I'm going to take a WAG that it's straight bourbon. I'll get closer to the ledge by guessing that it's a Buffalo Trace. LOL!

I looked up that Goose Island Harvest Ale and it sounds delicious. I don't think there's much chance of finding that in Idaho but I'll look!

Hmm... what might be the Professor's drink of choice? From the color, I'm going to take a WAG that it's straight bourbon. I'll get closer to the ledge by guessing that it's a Buffalo Trace. LOL!

I looked up that Goose Island Harvest Ale and it sounds delicious. I don't think there's much chance of finding that in Idaho but I'll look!

The professor likes his Irish whiskey. This particular evening it was Jameson's.

The GI Harvest Ale was very nice. Thinner and drier than I expected a 'Harvest' beer to be. Definitely a departure from other fall beers that are out.

Definitely try it if you can. Since Anheuser Busch now owns Goose Island, I wouldn't be surprised to see it turn up on tap in your local.

Dad gum it, I should have known.

Irish whiskey rules. It's my favorite, particularly Bushmills. I like Jamesons, Paddys, Powers, but always came back to Bushmills for the right balance (seems less sweet than others).

Dad gum it, I should have known.

Irish whiskey rules. It's my favorite, particularly Bushmills. I like Jamesons, Paddys, Powers, but always came back to Bushmills for the right balance (seems less sweet than others).

Growing up Irish Catholic, everyone drank Jameson's - no one ever drank Bushmills (because it was considered to be the 'protestant's whiskey').

It's funny how it still follows today. My irish catholic friends (who grew up elsewhere) all seem to still follow the rule. I still get guff when I bust out the Bushmills on St. Patrick's Day (I prefer it for Irish Coffees).

Just goes to prove - life is temporary, grudges are forever...

September 15, 2012 - Visiting with Hanlon & Fluney(Plotting Ireland 2013) - Kick Ass Brown, CH Evans Brewing and Bear Naked Ale, Adirondack Brewing.

image-2943468518.jpg

image-4122192426.jpg

Back