beer/brewery around auburn hills, mi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are many in the area.
5.9 miles: "Rochester Mills" - 400 Water Street, Rochester, MI
29 miles: "Dragonmead" - 14600 East 11 Mile Road Warren, MI
22.1 miles: Kuhnhenn Brewing Co LLC, 5919 Chicago Road, Warren, MI
16.8 miles: Black Lotus Brewing Co, East 14 Mile Road, Clawson, MI

There are many more if you like the drive (I just wont list all their addresses). There's Atwater Beer, Motor City Brewing, Detroit Beer Co, Royal Oak Brewing, Bastone, Lily's Seafood, Traffic Jam, Woodward Avenue Brewers, and many more.

My favorite places are Kuhnhenn's, Atwater, and Motor City. Kuhnhenn's doesn't have the fastest serve staff, but their tap list is awesome. I frequent the breweries in Royal Oak and Ferndale since they are right by my house.

Rochester Mills will be the closest for you, and their brews arn't bad at all. Last time I was there, I absolutely loved their Black IPA. Usually, I stick to one of their Wheats (Can't remember the name of it for the life of me)
Dragonmead is also amazing, though I have yet to visit. You'll find their brews on tap at many bars, or in bottles at beer stores). Their infamous Trippel is "Final Absolution".
Black Lotus usually doesn't meet my expectations, but now and then they come out with some phenominal beers.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up :mug:
Doubt I'll be able to do much, but its good to know none the less.
I'll only be able to go out for diner/drinks for a bit. Still need to do work stuff the next morning.

Definitely hit Rochester Mills. Excellent beer. If you're stuck in the area and can't get down to some other breweries mentioned, don't worry. Clubhouse is a new beer bar on Crooks at M-59 (very nearby) with 40 craft beers on tap and 160 bottles. CK Diggs is also a mile south from there with (I think) 48 drafts - mostly Michigan. Big Rock Chophouse and Brewery is also nearby in Birmingham on S Eton (Maple and Woodward area) - featuring some of THE BEST craft beers in the country, hands down.

Think I'll try Rochester Mills tonight. Already stocked the fridge with Huma Lupa Licious IPA and Badass American Lager. Both are quite good :mug:

The place is impressive. So far the IPA is not. But there's plenty more to try :rockin:

Pale not bad, pretty good. Wings were alright. Lobster Mac-N-Cheese is the bomb.
Shortbread Nitrogen Stout is pretty good but needed more head. But when don't you need more head?

Well, work isn't paying for me to drink so there IS a down side.

The hefe was great. Pretty dark but the bannana & clove were.out a sight.
Finishing with the Creme Brule, AWESOME! Couldn't have Better desert drink. Now, I just need some dinner.

Sounds like you're doing it right. :D

I couldn't get out tonight... Beer Studies class...the things I do for beer...

If you can get over the Royal Oak area and like Belgians I would say hit up Bastone (awesome Belgian food too). If you want alot of variety I would say goto Dragonmead.

Back