best beer you ever made!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hungry4hops

Hop to it!
Reaction score
For me it was a espresso imperial stout!
Im still kind of a noob I only have like 15 batches under my belt, so I thought it would be cool to hear some of you more experienced brewers, what's your best?

Noob here too, but mine was a double IPA. I still have a few bottles I am going to save for a few more months to enjoy periodically.

The best beer is the one you've got in your hand.

That being said, I'm happiest with my Amber Wheat ale.

Home, the Marzen I have on tap right now. Professionally, a either a Bohemian Pilsner or a doppelbock I made at a pub

I'd say my Tarpon Rye Pale Ale (loosely based on Terrapin). It certainly scored the best of any I've ever entered into competition.

Next would be my ordinary bitter. Its done well in competitions, too.

My IIPA and my Belgian IIPA I would have to say were my best so far. All my beers have exceeded my expectations though. Got a black IPA in primary right about ready to be dry hopped. That might be my new favorite!

Charlie Brown- The first brown I ever made up. I have made a few tweeks to perfect it but it lands right in between Porter and a brown. I love it.

:off:By the way- D_Ranged:
You should see the Pliny at your house today. Hope you enjoy!!

huge1s said:
My next one....

This! I am always so excited for my next batch. However, I am currently drinking a centennial/cascade rye blonde that is awesome.

Charlie Brown- The first brown I ever made up. I have made a few tweeks to perfect it but it lands right in between Porter and a brown. I love it.

:off:By the way- D_Ranged:
You should see the Pliny at your house today. Hope you enjoy!!

:off: Oustanding! I've got yours shipping out tomorrow morning. Long week of tax returns hasn't let me slip out early to get to UPS before they close!

My favorite is my CDA, it's the only beer I've ever deemed worthy of a name, "It's called CDA".

But the most technically accurate and overall best beer I've ever made is the current batch of Helles. I have half a keg left and I'm on thin rations.

A Victory Headwaters clone. If it was placed right beside the original no one would be able to tell the difference. I love my Citra hops. My local HBS hooked me up with 3lbs of Citra leaf hops for $13 a pound. What an amazing price for hops that you can't find on the internet.

My best 2 have been yoopers 60 min ipa recipe and edworts kolsch. I have yet to make a beer I was completely happy with though. I guess I am a perfectionist when it comes to brewing

A BDSA that I has been in bottles for almost a year now. Yum.. Only two 22oz bottles left. I really will hate to see them go.

My first go at BIAB. A Dark English Mild - very nice and balanced...

I would say my IPA has been my favorite. It's like SNPA only double the hops. I did just bottle my version of DFH 120min and while bottling I sipped on the gravity sample and I can't wait to have this one carbed.

My Baltic Porter made this winter is probably the best beer I have done. It's the first beer I've made where I wouldn't change a thing.

Second would be the next batch I made, Arthur's Revenge, a Russian Imperial Stout. A former coworker of mine wanted me to help make a batch of Guiness for her boyfriend for Christmas only to cancel on me at the last minute. I took the base grains and yeast and added some extra specialty grains and ended up with a fantastic beer. The RIS might end up passing my Baltic Porter since it's only 3 months old and will take well to aging.

Believe it or not, my best ever was a Festa kit beer called Czech Pilsner... was the absolute best beer I have ever tasted, let alone made.

Now if you were to ask the best I have ever made myself then I would have to say a Helles I made last year would be the best. I won a gold for
it last year in Montreal.

best on i made so far is an bourbon barrel Oktoberfest that i lagered for four months for my buddies wedding!

My IIPA. Half the total IBUs (~80) came from late addition hops. Heavy on Citra with some Cascades. 8.5% ABV, great hop flavor and aroma. It was my first time dry-hopping as well. I want to nudge it a skosh more towards malty, so I'm upping the crystal a tad and upping the ABV to 9%, also going to try Simcoe as the 2nd hop next time.

So far it has been an Imperial IPA, but I am expecting to top that with an espresso stout I am building up.

The one I'm most proud of so far is my Sunnydale Pale Ale. Built the recipe from scratch and it came out with an amazing hop aroma and flavor.

Doppelbock. Fistful of medals with that one. Brewing it again this weekend! I'll probably review scoresheets and tweak the recipe accordingly. Half will get fermented with Wyeast 2206; the other half either S-189 or Wyeast 2308 and I will make 5g of bock just for good measure (all three yeasts will be repitching slurry). One of the batches will get turned into an Eisbock.

Probably the one I'm drinking right now. 7.5 ABV, 100 IBU, IPA made with 4 different hop varieties (columbus, citra, amarillo, and galaxy) added at 6 different stages (including a 2 stage dry hopping) in the whopping amount of 24oz for a 10 gallon batch!

Back