I'm drunk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bashe

Reaction score
Have a few friends over for a cook out. been drinking swmbo slayer. I will say that is a damn good beer, it has slayed me.

I love home brewing.

Stacked and stickered 2500 bdft of red oak today. Drank a nice 2wk old red ale throughout the stacking with my father. Sitting back and drinking a nice blonde ale after bottling off a cerveza this evening for some summer drinking.

I'm going to be damn sore tomorrow -- both mind and body. Why must you taste so good!?

Whatcha doing with the oak? (Woodworking is my other obsession.)

Question:

Has anyone ever flavored their beer with alderwood? I was thinking it might add some complexity to a steam-style. I was thinking about soaking some in bourbon and racking on top of it. Thoughts??

I use it to smoke salmon a lot but I have to order it from Washington, so it's not cheap for me.

Ugh... I was right -- very sore.

As far as the oak, right now, just drying it out a bit -- Most of it is still up around 20-25% moisture.

Picked up that amount because we found it for a really good buy (and it's some beautiful wood). $1.70/ft is what we ended up paying. The local lumberyards are selling rough red oak for $4.75/ft, so it is well worth it.

It will all end up going into furniture eventually -- What furniture all depends on the priorities on the honey-do list :). A nice oak mantle-piece will be sometime in the near future -- That pile included a 12' long, 14" wide, 2.5" thick, completely clear slab.

What sorts of woodworking do you guys do? I am mainly doing furniture, but do a bit of turning and carving when I get a chance.

I do a lot of mission stuff, some cheap money making outdoor chairs etc etc, but my bread & butter is still cabientry (however you spell it)

I do a lot of mission stuff, some cheap money making outdoor chairs etc etc, but my bread & butter is still cabientry (however you spell it)

You got any pics of your work, Zac?

I've always wondered it I could make a couple bucks on the side.

Latest posts

Back