opinions on this as a controller for a fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly but, that was not my reason. The unit is made to plug directly into the wall. I suppose one could use an extension cord, feed that into the chamber and the cord of the regulating device. It really looks good for the cost, particularly the sales price.

I saw this the other day, I think it looks like a good bet. I'm toying with putting a fermentation chamber together in the near future. Please post with any feedback if you use it.

thanks for your input, i just ordered it today so i will post back whatever I find out.

Anyone remember that page where the guy used a regular digital home thermostat for such a purpose? IIRC he de-soldiered the temp sensor and extended it so maybe you could do the same?

Here is the page: Digital Controller

I have that unit, but I use it to control a wall heater in the basement. Works great and should be adaptable for your use. Only problem is that you are going to be only heating or cooling. You would need to pull the plug and switch devices.

I will never need heat, only cooling. I am in S TX we don't need heat often.

Back