Fun day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Snob

Reaction score
Well I hope your day was more fun then mine... lets see... woke up and got to a place to do a stress test at like... 8:30. When I looked at my watch on the way out it was 1:30pm. No wonder I had a headache from not eating (I could not eat before the test... and it was like... 8pm yesterday since I ate).

Another fun filled day speding A LOT of money that I'll get billed for later. Modern medicine....dont you just love it:confused:

Michael_Schaap said:
Well I hope your day was more fun then mine... lets see... woke up and got to a place to do a stress test at like... 8:30. When I looked at my watch on the way out it was 1:30pm. No wonder I had a headache from not eating (I could not eat before the test... and it was like... 8pm yesterday since I ate).

Another fun filled day speding A LOT of money that I'll get billed for later. Modern medicine....dont you just love it:confused:
When I was in Germany I went for 2 stress tests over 5 years.

My German doctor refused to give me the treadmill test. He said it kills too many people. Instead they had this table, like I put my feet into stirrups, which I later saw was a bicycle inside the table. All I did was pedal and did not need to race or anything. Just pedal for 5 minutes while they did an EKG.

My American doctor (job physical) refuses to give treadmill tests too because they are not reliable and kill people. He gave me a sonagram (ultrasound) instead. He said they were more reliable and don't put any undue strain on your heart.

Check with your doctor next time. Just because the "recommend" (or prefer) a treadmill test you can ask for another type of test.:D

homebrewer_99 said:
Check with your doctor next time. Just because the "recommend" (or prefer) a treadmill test you can ask for another type of test.:D
They also have a drug induced stress test. My wife says that she just shoots the patient up with a drug that speeds up the heart enough to resemble the stress test without the treadmill.

Wild

wild said:
They also have a drug induced stress test. My wife says that she just shoots the patient up with a drug that speeds up the heart enough to resemble the stress test without the treadmill.

Wild

Yeah thats what I had. Both when I initially went to the hospital several months ago and last week. They were very different expereinces though. I think I was still on Morphene with the first one so it was much more calmer.

Latest posts

Back