Does it make sense to use npt to tri clover adapter.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

77punx

Reaction score
Hi guys so do you think it would make sense to use an 1/2 male npt to tri clover to go in and out of my chugger pumps?Or should I just use hose barb to 1/2 npt. It seems counter productive to go to tri clover if ultimately there are still threads involved right?

That really only matters post boil. If your using triclovers post boil then as long as you sanitize everything, you should be fine.

Hi guys so do you think it would make sense to use an 1/2 male npt to tri clover to go in and out of my chugger pumps?Or should I just use hose barb to 1/2 npt. It seems counter productive to go to tri clover if ultimately there are still threads involved right?

It does not for one reason. The inlet/outlet on the Chugger pump are male. --><--

Sarcasm aside, if I were to make the switch over to sanitary fittings I would use them on every fitting. You never know how you might adjust your process mid-brew and wish you could hook 'x' hose up your pump.

I put TC connectors on my march pump head using npt fittings.
I like it.
A true TC pump head would be cooler.

Sanitation= no, quick release for cleaning and maintenance= yes. Price yourself out quick disconnects, camlocks, and sanitary ferrules, clamps and gaskets and see which one works best for you.

I have tri clamps all around for my brewery and they are $$$$$$$$$$$$. I probably have 3-400 in fittings alone. Not my smartest decision. However they definitely have some bling. I personally thing you would be fine with camlocks or even the McMaster disconnects.

Thanks guys, ya I priced the whole thing out w tc's. It came out to about 500 through brewers hardware. When I started building this thing I didn't expect fittings to be so expensive! I'll post a picture of it when it is done.

Here it is so far
20130103160759.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Latest posts

Back