Brewing Supplies in Salem, New Hampshire

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should for sure. Owner is great and the shop is awesome!

He has been in business for about six months now. It is great to finally have a shop close to home.

Yeah I've been a couple times already and its a very nice store. And great service. So far they have had everything I need right there.

Boarder Brew is great. I'll share an experience I had recently. We needed Wyeast 1099, had my buddy pick it up and brought it over to make a starter. We then realized it was about 5 months old. Oh well, that's what a starter is for right?

Well after about 36 hours, nothing. We went back to see if there was some more 1099 we could buy, I know Wyeast has a 6 month guarantee, maybe he would trade us back our bad yeast? We needed this for the next days brew.

We walked in, forgot to bring the old pack, forgot our receipt but the owner recognized my friend and we told him what happened. He looked shocked and immediately grabbed another pack, checked the date, also 5 months. Smacked it and told us to give it a whirl, that was the newest one he had. And then he went through the rest of the 1099, all older and just gave us ALL of them figuring maybe one of them would work. He was really sorry he sold us the first one and told us that if nothing worked just to let him know and he'd give us back our money.

So we fired the starter up with the best smelling pack (those of you who have opened a +1 year old yeast know what I mean) and got it all going fizzy.

It's stores like this that are great. He's about helping you make great beer, nice stuff.

This is my new shop as I just moved to salem last August. The owner (Joe I believe) is a real nice guy and gives some samples of beer out if you're lucky!

I think I might have to make a visit this weekend, because I've been out of homebrews for a few weeks, and I need to come up with something quick to make. Been a little crazy the past few months financially, so after my hearing tomorrow with the ex, I'll hopefully be back in business! :D

They also give military discounts there if you are a vet, just ask. And he just opened half of it is a nano brewery, can purchase his beers and growlers from him also. The owner is a great guy he is a army vet himself.

Back