Texas Beer for Trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmanzorro

Reaction score
I can get:
- any Dallas/Fort Worth beer (Deep Ellum, Peticolas, Rahr, Franconia, etc; willing to ship growlers for beers only on tap)
- most Saint Arnold
- most Jester King
- some other basic beers of big names like Firestone Walker and Founders

I go to Austin a lot and could get something more specific if you want.

Want:
- Southern Tier Pumking, Creme Brulee
- any Russian River
- any Cigar City
- more rarer Stone or DFH

I'm open to anything that I can't get in Texas. Mostly I like IPAs, Sweet Stouts, and Sours, but willing to try anything.

I can get you southern tier and some Shmaltz or ommagang if you would like what sours from jester king or others can you get?

Jon

I can readily get RU-55, Funk Metal, and Salt Lick Censored for sours. I think there might be some Das Wunderkind and Das Uberkind around still too.

Anything else, I'd have to make a trip to Austin.

If you can get either or both of those Southern Tier beers, I'd be willing to trade. PM me for details.

I'm heading to Cigar City this coming week. For certain I can get the Southern Tier beers.

Would much like to get some Jester King. Pm if you still want to try something.

jungatheart said:
Pretty sure you can't legally ship alcohol in Texas.

You can legally ship from any state in the US TO any state in the US. It's only illegal to use USPS. It's not illegal to use FedEx or UPS. They have policies against this, but it's not illegal.

We just got creme brulee and pumpking in san antonio, which is a bit of a drive from dallas, but I'd be willing to bet that if they're not in dallas they would be in austin at least

Yeah, I've noticed that they're in Austin and Houston now. We'll get them here for good in October.

I can readily get RU-55, Funk Metal, and Salt Lick Censored for sours. I think there might be some Das Wunderkind and Das Uberkind around still too.

Where are you finding RU-55 and Funk Metal? Tried both at the brewery, but haven't seen bottles anywhere. I'm in Austin pretty much on a weekly basis for work for the next year or so.

Yeah, I quickly realized that they weren't available. When I got them earlier this year, they were in multiple places up here in Dallas, so I wrongfully assumed they'd still be around.

I am seeing lots of Salt Lick, Wunderkind, Gotlandsdricka, and my friend just gave me a case of El Cedro.

So no more RU-55 in DFW? I look at Specs, Goody Goodys, Central Market and World Market. Not finding RU-55. :(

Das Wunderkind was at Central Market a few weeks ago. Other Jester Kings too.

How was the Jester King brew tour? Thinking of going.

So no more RU-55 in DFW? I look at Specs, Goody Goodys, Central Market and World Market. Not finding RU-55. :(

Das Wunderkind was at Central Market a few weeks ago. Other Jester Kings too.

How was the Jester King brew tour? Thinking of going.

I haven't seen RU-55 on any shelves in Austin. Das Wunderkind is around as is El Cedro, Salt Lick, and their other regular offerings.

I'd definitely recommend visiting the brewery. The tour is brief, but I'd go back for the atmosphere and the variety of beers that they pour. We had RU-55, Viking Metal, Funk Metal, Boxer's Revenge, and an experimental sour, on top of all of their more readily available offerings. Just be ready for lines. You can get beers on draft (as many as you want) as well as bottles from the bar to share. There's a great pizza place right next door too that also sells beer (Jester King and others).

Back