can i bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can bottle it. I'm not sure I'd expect a band-aid taste (typically chlorophenols; did you use bleach or chlorinated water?) to go away.

i did use bottled spring water. and i guess we will just hope and see if it gets better. thanks for the quick response

FWIW, I made that recipe and after 16 months it's great.

I will say that it tasted very harsh for quite a while, but I didn't notice band-aids...

Also, it tastes much better (smoother) cold, and I've noticed that after an opened bottle is allowed to sit for a few weeks (with a tasting cork), it tastes better yet (maybe some type of slow oxidation taking place???).

Good luck.

FWIW, I made that recipe and after 16 months it's great.

I will say that it tasted very harsh for quite a while, but I didn't notice band-aids...

Also, it tastes much better (smoother) cold, and I've noticed that after an opened bottle is allowed to sit for a few weeks (with a tasting cork), it tastes better yet (maybe some type of slow oxidation taking place???).

Good luck.

It does sound like oxidation is 'robbing' the mead of flavor, although it appears the harsh flavors are robbed the most here so that's a good thing (and a new one on me).

Damn, i have no clue what a band-aid taste like. (Running to Walmart to buy some to eat)

Back