Gaptooth Brewhouse is ready for action!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewtroller is based on a Sanguino board. They sell the Brewtroller board (soldered or as a kit), LCD, switches, pin connectors, relay boards and continue to upgrade the software and make new hardware as users as for improvements or make their own. If an improvement by a user has merit for mass production Matt and Jeremiah make it available for the masses for the most part. BrewTroller Store

Thanks. I'm still deciding which way to go. Currently a single PID would suffice for a RIMS I have planned, but I like the functionality and expandability of the interfaced controllers for future upgrades. Easy to build just what you needed?

I know nothing about electronics and I was able to build a working BrewTroller, made temp sensors from scratch. It was very straight forward, the members on the BtewTroller forum are a great resource.

I know nothing about electronics and I was able to build a working BrewTroller, made temp sensors from scratch. It was very straight forward, the members on the BtewTroller forum are a great resource.

Thanks. I'm beginning to make up my mind.

That's a beutiful brew rig! What makes me so jealous is that I can get all of that stainless stuff dirt cheap being that I'm in sales selling it all BUT I have no clue on all grain brewing. I'm only on my second batch but maybe some day I will try. On the side note I have seen a lot of people stating how they love Swagelok fittings. You really want Swagelok or Parker if you builging an aircraft for certification reasons but for brewing beer it doesn't have to be that brand. There are multiple other companies that carry compression fittings that will WOW you on price compared to Swagelok (VERY EXPENSIVE)....ex: SSP, Ty-lok, Hy-lok, Hamlet, Kor-lok....and more. Whatever one you do go with, the dual ferrule is the most applicable design. It helps keep your tubing from twisting when you are tightening the fitting unlike the single ferrule design. Same with "Triclover" ex: Dixon, VNE, Waukesha, G&H, Jensen ...and so on, same chit just different manufacturer in sanitary products.

That's a beutiful brew rig! What makes me so jealous is that I can get all of that stainless stuff dirt cheap being that I'm in sales selling it all BUT I have no clue on all grain brewing. I'm only on my second batch but maybe some day I will try. On the side note I have seen a lot of people stating how they love Swagelok fittings. You really want Swagelok or Parker if you builging an aircraft for certification reasons but for brewing beer it doesn't have to be that brand. There are multiple other companies that carry compression fittings that will WOW you on price compared to Swagelok (VERY EXPENSIVE)....ex: SSP, Ty-lok, Hy-lok, Hamlet, Kor-lok....and more. Whatever one you do go with, the dual ferrule is the most applicable design. It helps keep your tubing from twisting when you are tightening the fitting unlike the single ferrule design. Same with "Triclover" ex: Dixon, VNE, Waukesha, G&H, Jensen ...and so on, same chit just different manufacturer in sanitary products.

Great reply Zach!

Holy $$$, batman! The flow meters are $454.88 at McMaster :eek: System looks SWEET, btw...

You didn't price out the panel meters or other needed support units that transfer the flow meters signal to other equipment. Add this cost to support these flow meters. These are not your regular LHBS basic or plastic El Cheapo flow meters. The real deal for lab equipment.

I haven't been on in a while. I missed this until now.

Damn, that looks good. I now see how those parts are used.:D Sweet.

You did a fantastic job welding! I wish you lived closer I have more I'd love for you to weld. Your a top notch weldor, thanks again!

Keep up with new technology or become a dinosaur GreenMonti LOL! JK sorry had to chime in on ya.

Ha,Ha. No worries.

You did a fantastic job welding! I wish you lived closer I have more I'd love for you to weld. Your a top notch weldor, thanks again!

Thank you for the complement. Your more then welcome. I'd be happy to do the other work for you if you decide too. If it is able to be mailed that is. I not that mobile.LOL

The problem is that they were custom made for GE and also have a temperature sensor in them. They aren't the typical flow meter that Lake Monitors sells. CodeRage sent an RFI them a few months ago and got some info, all of which is Greek to me but he thinks it'll be able to be implemented.

These output 0-5v and have a temp sensor setting (CodeRage tried to explain this part but I was lost) of either 100, 110, or 115C.

All I have to say is...

7312c10b4c8e1285a47eaf0da2784e05.gif

New acrylic control panel with maple background. I cut the pieces out with a laser and sandwiched the two together. The wording is also laser etched and then in-filled with orange paint. I installed RGB LED's that change color depending on the position the switch is in; red = off, blue = manual, and green is Auto/Brewtroller. It's kinda hard to see the LCD in the picture, but its displaying the Brewtroller splash screen. I still have to install the power lamp in the upper right corner. The picture doesn't do the maple justice.

photo19gz.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

pickles said:
New acrylic control panel with maple background. I cut the pieces out with a laser and sandwiched the two together. The wording is also laser etched and then in-filled with orange paint. I installed RGB LED's that change color depending on the position the switch is in; red = off, blue = manual, and green is Auto/Brewtroller. It's kinda hard to see the LCD in the picture, but its displaying the Brewtroller splash screen. I still have to install the power lamp in the upper right corner. The picture doesn't do the maple justice.

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

That looks really good.

And your budget was somewhere in the realm of NASA's?

Very impressive. I want too! Do you mind me asking how much time and $$$$ to pull this off?

I've been working on it for almost two years and it actually has some improvements over what is in the other photos of the rig. I would guess I have a few hundred hours in it, starting with CAD drawings all the way through fabrication. I diy'ed almost everything so I only have around a $1k in it. Thanks for the accolades!

Pickles -
The new panel looks fantastic. I'm a woodworker (hobbyist) and love wood. I have thought many times that I'd like to incorporate wood in my rig, but was always concerned about cleaning up sticky wet wort. I think your incorporation of the acrylic is genius!!

Ed

The wood wasn't my first choice but I'm glad I went with it. I sprayed on 5 coats of spar varnish and let it cure 2 weeks before assembly.

I thought I'd give an update on the wooden control panel face. I've used is half a dozen times, a few in the rain, and its held up beautifully. The spar varnish is super durable.

Its actually getting overhauled as we speak. I'm adding a bottom draining BK, Brewtroller BX1 board, and a better 1-wire temp set up. I've also added Brewhemoth Conical thats temp controller by a FermTroller. Everything will be CIP when its finished in about a month.I'll post back when its done.

Nah clubs aren't my thing. Also I barely have time to finish this thing and brew let alone go to meetings.

Sent from

Yeah, understood. Well, I'm over in Westerville, so let me know if you are ever up for a couple pints during a brew day. I'm always looking to talk more about the process in which people use to better what I am doing.

Back