Wrong Yeast...brewing now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Normalicous

Reaction score
Just started to boil the water for this northern brewer raspberry wheat kit for my wife and realized I bought the wrong yeast. I bought Wyeast 1332 Northwest ale and I was supposed to buy wyeast 3333 german wheat. already activated yeast packet. Other than not being an idiot next time when purchasing, is it ok to use this yeast instead?

It will make beer........ and then you should tell folks how you selected this yeast for its better floculation properties, fuller attenuation and how you wanted to reduce the fruity properties of the beer.. or something like that... sound confident when you say it though.

Nerver used either yeast, but I am sure your beer will be excellent...do let us know how it turns out

Seems you've found the 1332 yeast allowed the grassy character of the Hersbrucker hop to come forward. :)

These yeast don't know they are the wrong yeast. They will still work very hard to ferment a tasty brew that your wife will probably love. :)

Latest posts

Back