Best Crush from Online Suppliers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BucksPA

Reaction score
Just curious what the general consensus may be in regards to obtaining the highest efficiencies from the big online suppliers, Morebeer, Northern Brewer, AHS, etc. Who has the best crush, or would you say they are all the same. I like my LHBS because I am familiar with his crush, but would like to save some money at the same time.

thoughts appreciated.

cheers

+1 on brewmasters it bumped my efficiency up 8% from my lhbs. Have not compared to AhS, or anyother online shop though.

+1 to bovineblitz. I love this place. They do a very fine crush and I could see a noticeable difference. not to mention great prices. Only negative I can say is they are slightly (and I stress slightly) limited on some malt selection. Otherwise, I think they are the only place I am getting supplies. (BNarmy code for 10% off)

I've used MoreBeer, Northern Brewer, Midwest, and Brewmasters Warehouse. It's not even close BMW wins by a good ways. None are bad, but BMW is best.

+1 to bovineblitz. I love this place. They do a very fine crush and I could see a noticeable difference. not to mention great prices. Only negative I can say is they are slightly (and I stress slightly) limited on some malt selection. Otherwise, I think they are the only place I am getting supplies. (BNarmy code for 10% off)

Thank you to everyone I appreciate the good comments on our crush.

Just let me know what grains you are looking for so I can see about getting them. We have a plan in place to expand or move the store, and when we do I will have room for another 8-16 grains. So give me some ideas on what your looking for.

Thanks,

Ed

Actually I thought there were pieces missing, but I missed a few I was looking for in "other" but a few I still was looking for was: chocolate rye, Crystal 90L. I am not really sure how I missed the others I was initially looking for.

Hops: (some of these are difficult to find in general so I cant may much) Pacific Gem, Pride of Ringwood (not sure if these are even grown after the shortage, but I have been lookin).

Otherwise all I have to say is...
Brewmaster's Warehouse, keep on rockin! you are the only company I am ordering from.

+1 loves Brewmasters....Best selection and prices that is why I keep ordering from you guys. Also, the one time I called you guys were unbelievably helpful and nice so that was a benefit. Haven't had that everywhere I've called in the brewing community. Can't stress how much I appreciate your patients when a noob like me calls with questions.

FWIW...Be careful when posting about a retailer's crush. Some people are entirely too sensitive, and may take it the wrong way. I mentioned an issue I had with efficiency once, and everyone (including the retailer) jumped in to tell me what an a__hole I was for asking if anyone else had the same problem. I eventually bought my own grain mill to solve that problem. :rockin:

FWIW...Be careful when posting about a retailer's crush. Some people are entirely too sensitive, and may take it the wrong way. I mentioned an issue I had with efficiency once, and everyone (including the retailer) jumped in to tell me what an a__hole I was for asking if anyone else had the same problem. I eventually bought my own grain mill to solve that problem. :rockin:

And that retailer would be on my list of "never buy from" and "spread the news about their practices" list.

And that retailer would be on my list of "never buy from" and "spread the news about their practices" list.

Yeah, even though the "retailer" has a good reputation, the incident left me with a bad taste. I pretty much buy exclusively from Ed at BMW these days. He's got great prices, great service, and best of all, no attitude. :mug:

well the good news on this thread is that everyone is talking about who they like the best. perhaps the unmentioned retailers should look into why they aren't being mentioned and work to improve their crushes. from what i am reading, it's all positive news about the retailers they like.

I have no reason to buy anywhere but Brewmasters Warehouse. Right crush, right site, right selection, right service. But sssssshhhhhh..... if they get too big we might lose ALL of that.

Back