need a tiny kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debtman7

Reaction score
If anyone uses 3 gallon kegs and needs a kegerator and lives near a Kroger... They have a mini fridge on sale for $77 at the store near me. It's a fridge only, no freezer section (yay!) and no hump/shelf in the back for the compressor. And a nice looking faux stainless steel front. Unfortunately it's pretty small but it might fit a couple of 3 gallon kegs nicely.

debtman7 said:
If anyone uses 3 gallon kegs and needs a kegerator and lives near a Kroger... They have a mini fridge on sale for $77 at the store near me. It's a fridge only, no freezer section (yay!) and no hump/shelf in the back for the compressor. And a nice looking faux stainless steel front. Unfortunately it's pretty small but it might fit a couple of 3 gallon kegs nicely.

Would it fit a 5 gallon carboy? If so, this would be a great lagering facility with the addition of some Johnson controls.

External height was around 26" and there wasn't much overhead, I'd estimate 24" of internal height. The price was so right I sat there staring at it trying to think of a use for it. Carboy might not be bad, but a full size fridge bought cheap is a bit more useful for that.

Back