apple juice grape juice green chile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmo_505

Reaction score
So I have this bombness brewin...I brewed the apple juice for about 9days with 2 and a half lbs of sugar..on the twelfth days I threw a half gallon of grape juice in there..tonight. I threw about 2 ozs of green Chile..tastin it tonight..the green Chile made the buzz heavier.how can I checc my alcohol level cheaply..

Check your juice containers for the sugar content per serving and multiply by the serving count of the container.

Convert to lbs and ozs and add the sugar weight you added.

Then check this chart for the potential alcohol (right hand column).

I am new to all of this. I picked up a bottle of Hatch Green Chile Wine made in southern NM. AWESOME! I let it age for a year more before I drank it. I believe it is the winery in Deming that makes it. When I get better with this I would love to make some. Your right, mmmmm chile!!

Grab a cheap hydrometer next time you order or go to the LHBS. Five bucks will get it and it'll save you from math. Heck, message me your address n I'll toss one in the mail next time I get to the post office... I get a new one with each gropon I buy.

Might be a while though. I work third so...

Swiftly

Back