Atlanta Area Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in for a 2 bags base malt and I could split some specialty malt with some folks. If someone can run me down on the basics of how to run one of these, I can probably get us a commercial account if no one has one already.

testingapril said:
I'm in for a 2 bags base malt and I could split some specialty malt with some folks. If someone can run me down on the basics of how to run one of these, I can probably get us a commercial account if no one has one already.

PM coming

Thanks for making the effort! :rockin: We're here and ready to get some grain! :mug:

Until someone finds a relationship with a brewery or brewpub that will allow us to piggyback onto their purchase, I don't see how we continue. Always open to new ideas...

We have set up a group buy available through Wine Workshop in Decatur. Although the prices aren't what we had before the Country Malt crackdown, they seem to be the best we have found otherwise. Here is a link to the signup sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As35_7MhuA_XdDhqaHVMTzlJdHp2Yll1TVhtM0RrSlE#gid=7

If we reach 10 sacks in our order, we get a 5% discount. 20 sacks gives us 10% discount. I don't expect these thresholds to be a problem. Once our grain arrives at the store, everyone is free to pick up their own order at the store at their leisure.

Looks like you just add your name to the spreadsheet and put in the quantities wanted. It's set up to calculate the cost based on quantity. Pretty cool.

I would like to join this group buy, what do i need to do?
I live in Douglasville. probably in the next month or two.

Frank

It looks like tax is being calculated on the entire grain buy, but not the individual bags or orders. How will this be handled?

Also, what is the timeframe for finalizing and placing the order?

testingapril said:
It looks like tax is being calculated on the entire grain buy, but not the individual bags or orders. How will this be handled?

Also, what is the timeframe for finalizing and placing the order?

Since its not filling as fast as I thought, we'll wait till we reach 20 bags for the additional discount. Then, I'll send a notice requesting emails and will pass that on to the store. They will prep individual invoices and send them to you. You can call and pay over the phone. Once all bags are paid for, they will place the order. Should take about a week to arrive.

wyowolf said:
I would like to join this group buy, what do i need to do?
I live in Douglasville. probably in the next month or two.

Frank

Click the link in the previous post and sign up. But, "in the next month or two"? This buy is going on now.

I am working on my order... I live in Augusta... when do we expect delivery / when will it end?

govya said:
I am working on my order... I live in Augusta... when do we expect delivery / when will it end?

Delivery should be about a week after the order is placed. We'll get the order in when we hit 20 bags to get the full discount. I'll repost to the various sites to help get there. We still need 6 more bags.

suprchunk said:
Wait! Is there a shipping charge included anywhere? Because my lhbs can get them at pretty much the same cost as the 20+ bag rate.

There is no shipping charge because we are picking up our own orders at the store.

suprchunk said:
...my lhbs can get them at pretty much the same cost as the 20+ bag rate.

Honestly, then I'm not quite sure why you would want to waste your time on us in Atlanta. Congratulations on your good fortune.

Since we reached our goal of 20 sacks, lets set a close date of Wednesday. If you will PM me your email address and name on the sign up sheet, I will pass it along to the store. Gerald will send you a customized bill and you can pay over the phone.

Once the whole order is paid for, he will place the order and I will post when it arrives and you can go to the store at your convenience to pick up the order.

I know this sounds stupid, but I can't look at Google Drive while at work. Can someone attach a copy of the spreadsheet as an upload? I am interested in 2-5 sacks, not sure if another HB will be joining me.

Now that the buy is closed, please email me. If you include your name on the spreadsheet and the bags you ordered, it will be a big help to me in getting the list to the store.

So far I only have a few emails, so a lot of gaps to fill. I can't submit the order until I have everyone's contact info.

Thanks.

Spencer

Still have several people who haven't reached out with their contact info. If you would let me know your name on the spreadsheet, your email address, and the bags you ordered, I can get the whole order submitted to Wine Work Shop.

Thanks.

Back