My kegerator project- Part 1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfish

Art by David Shrigley
Reaction score
My kegs finally came last week so I've been sinking all my free time into my kegerator project. I starter with a 100L Haier chest freezer.
DVC00150.JPG

I was happy to see four kegs fit... albeit barely.
DVC00209.JPG

I needed a huge collar to fit kegs and tubing and have room to move things around. I decided to split my collar into two. The lower half is 15cm (6') and the upper half is 10cm (4') the upper half is going to attach to the lid a la Bobby M's while the lower half is affixed to the body of the fridge.
DVC00114.JPG

Once the lid is all hooked up I will post some lovely photos... unless it doesn't come together in which case I will feign ignorance.

won't a coller that size need some insulation? or are you not paying for the electric...;)

anyhow, looks cool. Oh and say... :off: my nephew is in japan and says that it is actually illegal to homebrew there unless it is the (insert japanese word for really lame near beer here) or some kind of brew that does not meet the (insert japanese word for beer made of hops, malted barley, water, and yeast here)... any idea as to the validity of that?

Back