Cocoa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lushife

Reaction score
I'm wondering how much cocoa powder I should add to a brew? I have on stove. It's an extract brew with 6oz crystal 90l, 1oz Choclate, 1ozDark Wheat, 1oz Special B, 1oz Roasted Barley, and 1lb Oatmeal. The Sugars are 1qt Amber extract, 1/2 qt Pale extract, 12oz Brown Sugar. Hops are 1oz Columbus bittering and 1/4oz Fuggles, and an Irish Moss tab. I was thinking of adding a bit Irish Breakfast tea as well.
Thank you

Well, I added the 1/2TSP of Cocoa powder and two bags of Irish Breakfast tea. I'm sure it will taste great.

i did a coffee stout several months ago. added a full 8 oz tin of cocoa powder to 2 cups boiling hot water to liquefy, and then added to the secondary. then i racked the beer on top of it for 2 weeks. AWESOME dark chocolate flavor.

I had to quarentine my cat, Shannon, in the basement, where I ferment. So I decided to call this brew Shannon' Rabid Ale. I'm 99% sure he's fine, unless he's drinking my beer.

i did a coffee stout several months ago. added a full 8 oz tin of cocoa powder to 2 cups boiling hot water to liquefy, and then added to the secondary. then i racked the beer on top of it for 2 weeks. AWESOME dark chocolate flavor.
*this was a 5 gallon batch

Back