Hello from Washington

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bokonon

Reaction score
Hello,

Been reading the forums for a while now, finally figured I would signup and post an introduction. I moved from Michigan to Washington and finally pulled out a kit my wife bought me a few years back and I'd never used.

I've helped brew a dozen or so batches with friends over the years, and now I'm finally working on my own batches. Just racked my first batch into a secondary today and everything is looking good.

James

Welcome to the forum. Where in WA if you don't mind me asking? I am moving back to WA from Hawaii in July. Good Luck, it's a great hobby.

I'm down in Richland, WA. Fortunate enough to have a microbrew here that has a homebrew store, as well as 2 other average microbrews. Plus its only a few hours drive into Portland and Seattle.

James

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to welcome a fellow Washingtonian. I've never been to Atomic in Richland but I like Ice Harbor down in Kennewick.

Thanks for the welcome. I've never been really impressed with the brews at Atomic, sometimes they are ok. Kimo's (aka Rattlesnake Mountain Brewing Company) has some better brews, but I'd rate Ice Harbor as the best in the area. Ice Harbor has the homebrew store where I bought the ingredients for my batch.

I'm a fan of the IPA over at Ice Harbor, especially on tuesdays when they have their cask conditioned IPA.

James

hello! Looks like I'm not the only one here in the Tri-City area just starting up on this forum. Hve been reading this forum for about a year and finally decided it was time to post. also need to ask some Questions!

Welcome to the forum. There are all kinds of good people here as you can probably already tell. Tons of good info and if you ever have a question you will always get a reply!

Stale,

I'm not sure if you know this or not. Down at Ice Harbor about once a month they have a beginning brewers class (usually on a wed), and then a few weeks later they bottle the batch in another class. Also they host the Mid Columbia Zymurgy Association meetings, I think every 3rd thursday of the month.

James

My kit sat in the basement for...11 years. :(

Homebrewing has come a long way in that time....this thing called the...uh...internet?

Might have heard of it. I'm not sure it's going to be around very long.

Seriously though, this forum has saved me a ton of time, mistakes and money.

Welcome back to the passion.

PS - Once I got back into it, I went from a basic introductory kit to 3 extra glass carboys, 2 extra 7 gallon buckets, a kegging setup including 6 cornies, a 30lb CO2 tank and Sanyo in less than 45 days....It also got me to finally get around to cleaning up and plumbing my workshop.

hey Bokonon,
yeah I've heard about the classes but alas haven't been able to attend any. I get up about 3:30 - 4 am and just can't seem to stay awake long enough during the week to attend them. Age suposedly give one wisdom...not so sure about that... but it sure wears you out! My wife bought me the "basic" kit for my b-day last year and I jumped right in after another $150 worth of equipment. Did 2 kits then after reading this forum decided to go ahead and try the AG. So far have only had 1 bad batch. hope to see you around sometime. Brew on!
P.S. I got and get all my stuff from Ice Harbor. My boss and I joined there beer club also so get a cut price on their beer

Welcome Pacific Northwesteners!

I live in Vancouver, WA. Beer selection is awesome here but even better in Portland!

Enjoy these forums, I certaintly have so far.

Brewer from Kennewick here, didn't know we had a couple of HBTers locally. If you haven't had a chance, run by Ice Harbor the third thursday of the month at 7, the local homebrewers meeting is then, great chance to see what people are doing, etc. If either of you want the website address, PM me and I'll send it.

Back