Nice score - Now what to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loweface

Reaction score
I recently visited a frind of mine just as her mother was about to throw away four dirty old 1 gal demijohn's (5 litre carboys)... Nice score and they are sitting on my counter soaking at the moment and I've ideas about what to do with them...

On the ideas front...

I'd like to make a mixed fruit cider.
I'd like to make a lemon and lime wine and/or hard lemonade.
I'd like to make a batch of Joe's Ancient orange mead.
I'd like to make something odd at the suggestion of the wise people here!

Some thoughts

JOAM:
Don't touch what ain't broken...

Cider:
3.5 L apple juice + 1L cranberry raspberry juice + 500 g Brown Sugar
Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries (Amounts???)(Primary/Secondry???)
yeast nutrient + Generic Cider Yeast

Lemon/Lime
4 Lemons + 12 Limes (Juice and rind) boiled with 1kg brown sugar and cooled
+ 500g raisons + pectic enzyme + yeast nutrient + Wine yeast

:DInteresting part...:D

Bottle half after primary in beer bottles priming with DME for hard lemonade, secondry second half on a repeat of the initial recipe for wine...

Finally, the fourth demijohn... Be imaginative...

I'd like to thank you all for listening and I think it's safe to say that we can all have a lot of fun batting this out..:mug::tank:

If anyone is interested I went with (from right to left) hard lemon/lime ade, mixed berry cider (blackberry, raspberry, blueberry, strawberry), JOAM, and a peach wine...

The fifth demijohn is my Leap Year Mead...

Various_Demijohns.JPG

Nice score. I was going to say 1 gallons are awesome for test batches. 75% cider to 25% pear juice sounds fun. My batch of 75/25 cider/raspberry is turning out NICE, I may bump it up apfelwein style and start cranking it out.

Whatever you do and find to be tasty, the important thing is that you have three 5 gallons carboys of an apfelwein variation going at some point. :rockin:

The mixed berry cider smells great... And the peach wine is crystal clear... It might be time to rack and clear...

Back