Fdr

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Snob

Reaction score
I did not get the issue but read in the new Zymerology about how April 7th is an important date. FDR ended prohibition on that date and people were able to start drinking beer again. Is anyone thinking of making up a beer to celebrate that date?

Considering Prohibition destroyed the brewing industry, leaving the land open to the rise of Butt lite and Curs on repeal, I think we can each note the occasion by taking one of our homebrews, diluting it with 2 parts water and pitching it in the toilet!

There was a thread a while back on how to make a Bud... I love to quote one person who gave the recipe.

Invite a bunch of friends over, piss in a carboy then throw some yeast in.:D

But I think the reason behind the article was that becuase of FDR we now can brew, taken in that light it does seem like a rather important date. We would not be around here brewing... Your point is well taken though with the downfall of the industry. I often wonder what it was like with so many micros around.

Back