S.S. pot Question, Thickness?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erbe

Reaction score
Looking to jump back into home brewing and went shopping on 13 gal SS pots thought I found a deal, then noticed after purchasing that the 3 pots I bought were only .020" wall, where other pots seem to be .040" wall.
Question am I going to have problems down the road?
I am getting ready to modify them with fittings, and still tossing a coin on Electric Element Heating or Propane Burners
Thanks
ERBE

Will they work? Yes. The walls will feel a little flimsy but should work with weld-less fittings. Not a chance you'll be able to weld on them (doesn't sound like that is the plan though). Propane shouldn't be a problem as well. Obviously they will be a little more prone to dents and dings but will be much more resilient that aluminum.

Will they work? Yes. The walls will feel a little flimsy but should work with weld-less fittings. Not a chance you'll be able to weld on them (doesn't sound like that is the plan though). Propane shouldn't be a problem as well. Obviously they will be a little more prone to dents and dings but will be much more resilient that aluminum.

Thank you !:D

Caught a deal today! seems one of my kettles came in damaged, called the vender about replacement, and mention, I would rather go thicker wall, he asked I have a deal on 60 quart x 1mm wall , I can up grade you for 65 bucks for the 3 kettles and exchange.
Said "Heck Yeah Git R Done!" doing the exchange Weds, thank you for the info, I am thinking of having these welded and the other kettles were to thin.

Now am I over kill with 15 gal for 5 gal brewing??

Back