Huge Christmas haul!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdad

Reaction score
Let me preface this right now with the following statement: my wife is incredible.

For Christmas, I had asked for the gear I'd need to make the jump to all grain. She got me everything I was hoping for, and more (link is to the blog entry detailing the swag).

Needless to say, I am extremely excited, and can't wait to get going in the "big leagues".

Cheez whiz, guys... you're mking me feel bad for you.

I had one more gift today when I got home from work. Turns out, she had two pint glasses custom made with my brewery name and a barley design etched on them. She was unhappy because they hadn't been delivered in time... like I could complain!

Cheez whiz, guys... you're mking me feel bad for you.

I was kind of feeling bad for your thread because it's so awkward. Don't worry, I love my socks. My wife and I buy stuff for our kids' xmas which is very pleasurable to experience... and for ourselves we buy ourselves time off from our kids.

I was kind of feeling bad for your thread because it's so awkward. Don't worry, I love my socks. My wife and I buy stuff for our kids' xmas which is very pleasurable to experience... and for ourselves we buy ourselves time off from our kids.

This was the first Christmas in a couple of years that we really went all out for one another. We have five kids, and always make sure to do ridiculous over the top Christmases for them. That has definitely meant less for the two of us in the past, but that's okay.

As for my thread... well, psh. I think that I should approach the webmaster about a custom title... something like "King of the Clunker Threads" would fit nicely. :)

haha I've seen worse...

Pretty nice that you were able to treat each other ... Five kids, wow you deserve it.

Many long hours and extra web development projects this year allowed for it. And we still used some credit, which we hadn't planned on doing (bad on us).

I got a TopTier, burner, burner adaptor kit(got a burner for my birthday last year),shelf, and march pump bracket. Also got a $50 gift card to buy the gas lines needed to complete the stand. :D

Awesome haul!!! For the third year in a row I got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for Christmas!

However, no complaints from this guy. My wife and I used to go all out each Christmas trying to top each other. However, I'm a medical student and my wife is an underpaid part-time cop/college student. I have two kids to shop for. Three years ago we both agreed to skip on gifts to each other. About the same time period my sister and I also agreed to skip gifts (but I still get my nephew something and she still gets her nephews things). My parents are Jehovah's witnesses... So I only have my kids to buy gifts for. I don't get anything for myself, but I also save a ton on buying gifts. I have WAY more fun watching my kids open their presents anyhow.

Though to be fair I did brew my first all grain two days before Christmas, so I'll count that as my Christmas present to myself!

Nice haul and YES she's a keeper.

Mine is as well. Santa/SWMBO got me: 20#CO2, 10#CO2, 4/4-1/2"shanks, regulator, ball-lock connectors, 5way CO2 splitter, 5 corney kegs and a SS hop basket. YES I had to make the list and point her in the right direction, but she made it all happen. Plus other spoilage from her I REALLY made out this year. (Her too. Her loot cost much more than mine did.)

Nice haul and YES she's a keeper.

Mine is as well. Santa/SWMBO got me: 20#CO2, 10#CO2, 4/4-1/2"shanks, regulator, ball-lock connectors, 5way CO2 splitter, 5 corney kegs and a SS hop basket. YES I had to make the list and point her in the right direction, but she made it all happen. Plus other spoilage from her I REALLY made out this year. (Her too. Her loot cost much more than mine did.)

Awesome. Yeah, I spent more on her than she did on me, too. I still feel like I came out better.

Congrats Homebrewdad, you were definitely spoiled!! Mine wasn't quite as fulfilling, but with a Blichmann floor burner, $100 gift card to Northern Brewer, and $100 Amazon gift card. Haven't yet decided what my next upgrade will be, but I suspect it will be a corker to bottle and cork some brews for special occasions.

Congrats again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Mine got me a march pump,pid tmp cont.,relay,contactor,and all the stuff to run my 50 amp dedicated circuit for my brew stand

I had a banner christmas as well - a couple of the things were bought a couple weeks ahead of time as a "well this can be for christmas" type gifts:) But, all the same - they are now mine. Basically, everything I got from anyone was beer/brewing related.
* 4 new kegs - 2 x 3 gallon, 2 x 5 gallon
* 2 Better bottles
* Pure O2 aeration setup
* Wildbrews book
* For the Love of Hops book (both books from sister)
* $100 gift card to N. Brewer from kids
* 4 glasses sent from son/gfriend sent from brewpub out east
* A big order of glassware including Imperial pint glasses, beer paddles with tasting glasses, and various other glassware - about 24-30 glasses total - basically replaced all of my old/crappy glassware behind my bar.

Helps that all the kids are grown and on their own. Definitely my best "brewing" xmas.

wow, someday my swmbo will see the error of her ways of not being supportive of my hobbies. In the meantime though, I got her a RO system, for christmas. :D

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas, so I gave her a list (complete with web links) of several things that I wanted (needed?). Of course she got me everything on the list!

Coleman 70 quart extreme cooler
Cooler conversion kit from bargainfittings.com
Set of Homebrewtalk.com pint glasses
Monster Mill MM3
KegLove keg glove -- now I wont need to do the garbage bag in a cardboard box technique for the neighborhood block parties.

Great Christmas for me, but no socks :(

A friend got me an authentic Twinkie on Ebay. I'm going to immortalize it by putting it in the mash of a super high gravity barleywine or Imperial that I can age. I'll break one or two open every year until my "Twinkie Beer" is all gone!

A friend got me an authentic Twinkie on Ebay. I'm going to immortalize it by putting it in the mash of a super high gravity barleywine or Imperial that I can age. I'll break one or two open every year until my "Twinkie Beer" is all gone!

Twinkie beer... woot!

I put some braggin' on the board to add to the season of receiving...

My lovely wife renewed my subscription to BYO and got me a $20 Gift Certificate to Northern Brewer.
My mother-in-law told me she had a hard time shopping for me this Christmas so she got me mastercard gift cards. Just enought to pay for a 3 faucet kegging system for my beer fridge. No more bottles for me!!! I am moving on up!!!

Sounds like everyone had a good Christmas. Happy New Year to you all!
Redbeard5289

Just enought to pay for a 3 faucet kegging system for my beer fridge. No more bottles for me!!! I am moving on up!!!

Sounds like everyone had a good Christmas. Happy New Year to you all!
Redbeard5289

I'm right behind you! I'll be ordering everything I need for a 6 tap tower/keezer build next week. Merry Christmas to me, so to speak!

I can't wait to stop bottling all of the time!

:mug:

Off the top of my head:
kero wooden mash paddle
ball lock corny
new 5 lb. co2
new regulator and lines
220k btu burner
10 gallon brewpot (been boiling 6.5 in a 7.5 gallon pot for so long...)
new ball lock valve for mashtun
fridge temp controller
aha renewal
corny fermentation lids
lhbs gift cards

and then with cash/gcs:
pound of citra hops
several varieties of grain
etc.

Off the top of my head:
kero wooden mash paddle
ball lock corny
new 5 lb. co2
new regulator and lines
220k btu burner
10 gallon brewpot (been boiling 6.5 in a 7.5 gallon pot for so long...)
new ball lock valve for mashtun
fridge temp controller
aha renewal
corny fermentation lids
lhbs gift cards

and then with cash/gcs:
pound of citra hops
several varieties of grain
etc.

But what did your SWMBO give you? Ha ha, just kidding. Sounds like a great haul. Congrats and yes I'm jealous. :mug:

I got socks (Smart Wool! :rockin:) AND 200 bucks worth of gift certificate to the LHBS plus a 'generic 100 dollar gift certificate' (it has Ben Franklin on it) from my (very good to me) in-laws...this will very likely end up in the pockets of Williams Brewing or the like! My cousin-in-law (not only is my wife awesome, but pretty much all her family is too!) who is also a brewer got me a new stir plate and a really big (5 L!) E-flask...I think he's telling me I need to get a fridge and start brewing lagers!

Back