Non-Refrigerated Keg System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batona

Reaction score
I have been reading a lot about kegging systems. It looks like I will not be able to move in this direction just yet. I do recall reading in passing about a kegging system that does not require a refrigerator. Of course, now that I want to read about it, I can find no information.

Will someone kindly point me to the pertinent threads and links for this? Thank you kindly.

don't get too discouraged yet.

search your craigslist every day, multiple times a day, even.

i regularly find co2 tanks of all sizes for 20 dollars. kegs for around 20 dollars. fridges for free, then all you need to purchase are the fittings and get the co2 tank tested and filled. small steps at a time. i started by finding a good deal on a co2 tank and regulator. then i found two kegs for 20 a piece, bought the cheapest fittings i could. now i'm up to 35 kegs, 7 co2 tank, beergas tank, oxygen tank, two chest freezers, and a six keg kegerator. these purchases were all gradual, and i was very patient and waited on craigslist. just wait for the good deals, and you'll be able to find equipment that you need in no time (hopefully).

Well, I have my first batch in the fermenter and I need to come up with some solution here rather quickly. :)

I am willing to put a little money forward, but the fridge is the big stumbler. I have been looking on Craiglslist. I am resigned (and contented) to bottle. I had hoped to find a way to make kegging work here, but I will slowly add the components as I find them.

Putting this off will permit me to address other areas of this hobby.

I just submitted a similar reply on a different thread, so I run the risk of people thinking that I work for the company, but that is not the case.

I am in a similar situation in that I cannot get into a full keg system right now. To get away from bottling I bought a tap-a-draft system for $60. It came with three 6 liter bottles, a CO2 dispensing tap and some cartridges.

After drinking the first batch, I just bought a second system, some extra bottles, and an insulated cooler. I can now have three 5 gallon batches of beer in my mini-kegs, and with the insulated cooler I can bring homebrew to parties and BBQs.

It is something to consider.... :tank:

Back