BeerSmith 2.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course the site is still down and twitter is blocked at my company!

Luckily I am the IT manager, so after a short delay while our twitter is re-enabled, I'll be in business!

OK... so, I just realized that the confirmation email I received immediately after pre-ordering Bsmith2 included the activation key. What a dope... and I haven't even had a drop yet today.

All activated and ready to go! (except that the recovery email couldn't be sent to the server) No biggie. Will resend it in a few days to get it into his database.

Brew on, my friends!

OK... so, I just realized that the confirmation email I received immediately after pre-ordering Bsmith2 included the activation key. What a dope... and I haven't even had a drop yet today.

All activated and ready to go! (except that the recovery email couldn't be sent to the server) No biggie. Will resend it in a few days to get it into his database.

Brew on, my friends!

Yep, that's the email I was referring to.

Maybe you need a drop. A bit of lubrication.

Maybe you need a drop. A bit of lubrication.

Heh, back when I was single and going to bars a lot, I found that I actually played pool a little better with about 2 beers in me. When I was dead sober, my stroke tended to be erratic, like I'd just sort of jerk my arm a bit and use too much or too little force, or hit the cue ball slightly off target, etc. A couple beers apparently relaxed my muscles enough to avoid that, while not impairing my coordination or judgment so much as to cancel out the benefit.

Unfortunately, that window was vanishingly small.... :tank:

So I ordered Beersmith last night to take advantage of the preorder savings but only got the 1.4 version which is only for PC's. I'm only interested in BS2 for my Mac but when I attempted to get on the Beersmith site for the last 10 minutes it won't load. Is it just bogged down with all the new purchases? How do I go exactly go about downloading BS2 for my Mac?

thanks and Cheers!

So I ordered Beersmith last night to take advantage of the preorder savings but only got the 1.4 version which is only for PC's. I'm only interested in BS2 for my Mac but when I attempted to get on the Beersmith site for the last 10 minutes it won't load. Is it just bogged down with all the new purchases? How do I go exactly go about downloading BS2 for my Mac?

thanks and Cheers!

read the thread ;)

someone posted a direct DL link for the Mac version 15 posts before yours

Norton 360 is quarantining the download saying it is WS.reputation.1 virus. I think they use that as catch all for questionable downloads... anyone else work around this?

Norton 360 is guaranteeing the download saying it is WS.reputation.1 virus. I think they use that as catch all for questionable downloads... anyone else work around this?

Turn off norton then you'll be able to download it, it is not a virus I've been running it as a beta for months now.

Not for the Mac download...I've been chomping at the bit all day, and all I get is an Internal Server Error

God damn this is confusing, i'll have to relearn it all over. Why can't I find a way to enter og for my brew on the recipe page???

Oh well, patience will be necessary.

_

God damn this is confusing, i'll have to relearn it all over. Why can't I find a way to enter og for my brew on the recipe page???

Oh well, patience will be necessary.
_

Wildwest, on the bottom right side of the Recipe Design tab, you will see Select Your Fields. Click on the Select Field button underneath all of the listed fields there. Scroll down and find OG. Click Add--> and then OK.

It's not exactly intuitive in some places, but overall it's a great upgrade.

Whats up everyone.....trying to install Beersmith 2 on my Mac and when I click on the .dmg file I get an error that "beersmith2.dmg not recognized". I just got this computer and not that familiar with the Mac. Am I overlooking something??? Anyone have an idea how to get this installed....Thanks!

Wildwest, on the bottom right side of the Recipe Design tab, you will see Select Your Fields. Click on the Select Field button underneath all of the listed fields there. Scroll down and find OG. Click Add--> and then OK.

Sweet, I didn't realize you could configure that whole column of info, I guess if I would have spent 3 seconds looking at it, I might have figured it out. Thanks!

_

Whats up everyone.....trying to install Beersmith 2 on my Mac and when I click on the .dmg file I get an error that "beersmith2.dmg not recognized". I just got this computer and not that familiar with the Mac. Am I overlooking something??? Anyone have an idea how to get this installed....Thanks!

Check Installing Applications in Mac OS X for future reference.

Disk images
Disk images are probably the most commonly used method for packaging a program. A disk image can be thought of as the virtual equivalent of a CD. The actual data in the disk image is contained within a single file which will look something like this:

You then "insert," or "mount," the disk image into the machine by double-clicking the file. Having done this, the the disk image will appear as another device in the Finder, as shown in the picture below:

Some disk images are `web-ready', i.e. when downloaded by Safari, they are automatically mounted, and their contents are copied to the download folder (usually the user's Desktop). Then they are unmounted and moved to Trash. The end result is that you have the application on your Desktop, and nothing else. Cool.

Works for me! I imported all of my old recipes - no issues so far. It won't take long to learn the new interface.

beersmithmac.png

Johnnybrew, thanks for the heads up on that on. I look at that stuff and didn't realize there was no field to enter OG & FG. That stuff should be there without having to set it up.

The only early gripe I have is that all beers from 3- 9srm look very similar. The old color block seems to be way more accurate, a minor *****.

_

any word on how well the dry hop additions stay in order? lol

looking forward to getting everything set up this evening

**insert obligatory "your mistake was in buying a mac" comment here**

:D Just thought I'd get that over with.

My Tools bar is chopped off halfway through the Carbonation button. Button does work. Is there anything to the right of it. I've already posted this bug on Beersmith.

The only early gripe I have is that all beers from 3- 9srm look very similar. The old color block seems to be way more accurate, a minor *****.

_

Looks pretty good to me on my crappy old 17" glass monitor. I had a problem with the old patch and photos usually are dark also.

My Tools bar is chopped off halfway through the Carbonation button. Button does work. Is there anything to the right of it. I've already posted this bug on Beersmith.

P.S. Nothing is after the carbonation button, so no worries there. I think this version is formatted for Widescreen Monitors since they are so prevalent nowdays.

Back