Least-Favorite Word

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orpheus said:
There's a thread for favorite word, but what about your least favorite word.

Mine would definitely be See You In Toledo (C U N.. you get the idea:D )

Yeah--that's one of the very few words that I virtually never say out loud. It's pretty taboo here in the States, but one hears it used pretty casually on your side of the pond, no?

cweston said:
Yeah--that's one of the very few words that I virtually never say out loud. It's pretty taboo here in the States, but one hears it used pretty casually on your side of the pond, no?

Since when is D.C. "your side of the pond"???

Orpheus said:
There's a thread for favorite word, but what about your least favorite word.

Mine would definitely be See You In Toledo (C U N.. you get the idea:D )

Despite not using it very often, that's actually one of my favorite words because to me it's entertaining how worked up people will get over a word.

As far as least favorite word........I'll have to go with government run healthcare. Oh wait that's three.

Oh, I don't even have to think about this one:

"Nosh". What is wrong with people? Why do they have to use such a stupid word? "Aw, dude, come over, we're having a party and we've got lots of NOSH". GRGGGRRGR! Bitches! What's wrong with "food" or "snacks" or "grazing fare" or "various and sundry pre-meal edibles"?

Evan! said:
Oh, I don't even have to think about this one:

"Nosh". What is wrong with people? Why do they have to use such a stupid word? "Aw, dude, come over, we're having a party and we've got lots of NOSH". GRGGGRRGR! Bitches! What's wrong with "food" or "snacks" or "grazing fare" or "various and sundry pre-meal edibles"?

I never even heard of that word........is it a different language or is it regional slang?

EDIT: On-line dictionary tells me it's from Yiddish or German.

Dude said:
Spill it...what didja do?
:off:
I created an express (inner) left hand turn lane because some jackass refused to make his turn in an expiditious manner.

I am completely in the wrong but it's still a bitter pill to swallow.

I have been left hung out to dry by that guy in the past and unfortunatelly he has now gotten the final last laugh on me. This will of course re-enforce his p***y behavior.

I also had my wife's insurance card (and she has mine) so that made matters more complicated.

Normally I'm not that kind of a jerk driver. Today I was.

olllllo said:
:off:
I created an express (inner) left hand turn lane because some jackass refused to make his turn in an expiditious manner.

I am completely in the wrong but it's still a bitter pill to swallow.

I have been left hung out to dry by that guy in the past and unfortunatelly he has now gotten the final last laugh on me. This will of course re-enforce his p***y behavior.

I also had my wife's insurance card (and she has mine) so that made matters more complicated.

Normally I'm not that kind of a jerk driver. Today I was.

LOL, sorry man.

You should have made it worthwhile and just driven over the curb. WTF, you got a Rubi. :rockin:

Uber-(anything)

I hate people that say things like, "Prime rib is the uber-meat"

Its usually hipster types saying these things.

Unless you are German or at least speak German, you shouldnt be saying 'Uber'.

uwmgdman said:
Despite not using it very often, that's actually one of my favorite words because to me it's entertaining how worked up people will get over a word.

You wouldn't call your fraternity a frat like you wouldn't call you country a. . .

I have seen some guys walk into this then get smacked when the inadvertently say. . .

Fortunately, the fad seems to be dying out, but I hate contractions of celebrity couples names: Brangelina, TomKat, etc.

Come to think of it, I hate hearing about these people at all. They make movies, I watch them. That's where it ends. I couldn't care less if they're in rehab or adopting African refugees.

Conservative.

Every time I hear that, I seem to be forced to comply with someone else's idea of how I should conduct myself.

Back