• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

60QT Boil Pot $61 at Home Depot in Seattle area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Showing up as $113 on the website, even if I switch my store to Seattle. I'll have to stop tomorrow in person and see...

I bought a 60 Qt Brinkmann Aluminum pot in Woodstock Georgia today for $39.00. Originally marked at $113.00 Might go buy another just in case I want to do a really big low country boil or screw this one up.

$39 here in Fresno today as well. They are really wide and short though. I didnt buy it, thinking it may be too short.

I don't like it for a BK, but may be my upgrade for the HLT. My current HLT is a 10 Rubbermaid cooler. This might give me the additional water so I don't have to refill it after mash in.

It is a pretty nice Al pot and is fairly robust.

I'm doing the same with mine. I have a taller 15 gallon SS BK already, but this will work great for a new HLT.

I bought it today and did a 5 gallon batch in it (couldnt resist the price). It boiled up fast! Im liking the extra surface area on the bottom due to its big footprint. It holds all the flame from the burner on the pot.

Any leads on where to get bulkhead fittings for a drain valve for this? I looked at the Depot but didnt see anything.

I bought it today and did a 5 gallon batch in it (couldnt resist the price). It boiled up fast! Im liking the extra surface area on the bottom due to its big footprint. It holds all the flame from the burner on the pot.

Any leads on where to get bulkhead fittings for a drain valve for this? I looked at the Depot but didnt see anything.

www.bargainfittings.com. I usually receive within 2 days of order, very helpful, good service.

FYI, these are not available in all areas. I check at my local HD and none of the stores in my region have these.
The rest of you just suck... :)

Naa, I live in Fresno, this is the least that could be done for us.

bought the last one they had at my local HD. Should work.... I don't see why not. $56. Seems like a good deal.

Got the last one in at a HD in Vinings, GA. $67 for mine, more expensive than everyone else, but I was in the market for one and that's still pretty darn good.

I just checked today. They are selling them for $39.95 at a couple of the Miami area Home Depots.

Which ones? I am in Ft Lauderdale and this is exactly what I'm looking for. How did you get that info?

I went to the one on Bird Rd. in Miami (Westchester area) like 10 minutes ago. They have 4 available right now. The 60 qt aluminum Brinkmann pot. I also saw them at the same price at the HD on Flagler the other day.

I just picked up one tonight $39.99 + tax came out to $42 and change. I and was searching for info on this same pot. the box seems rather short and wide.

my questions. i was in search of a cheap keg and have not found anything I figured this holds about the same amount of liquid but just different shape. can I use this aluminum pot the same way I would a keggle?

mind you im very noobish and have been reading non-stop for 3 days now I have plenty of questions and have tried searching out my answers,but some times it becomes very fuzzy.

I think i want to use a counterflow chiller method described in this thread
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/counterflow-chiller-tutorial-51793/

would I be able to apply the solder type fittings described in this thread to my pot?
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/soldering-stainless-steel-155782/

many thanks, I don't want to end up with a pot im not going to be able to get the most out of.

-=Jason=-

Man, I love this pot. I used it for a partial mash kit I brewed on Saturday, and it worked great. The pot perfectly spans two burners on my stove top, so I was able to have a little over 6 gallons at a full rolling boil, which wouldn't have been possible in my other 6 gallon pot because it is narrower.

I also timed how long it took to get to mash in temps and then to boiling. I tested this with about 12 gallons in the pot. I wanted to build up a layer of oxidation, and I figured I might as well time it. Keep in mind that this was on my electric stove top in my apartment, with the pot sitting on two burners at once.

Started at 120F with the hot water from the tap.
28min to 166F
58min to 212F, or boiling

That isn't bad at all considering this was all inside, in one pot. I just ordered the ingredients for my first all grain batch, I cannot wait. I am going to do BIAB.

mind you im very noobish and have been reading non-stop for 3 days now I have plenty of questions and have tried searching out my answers,but some times it becomes very fuzzy.

I think i want to use a counterflow chiller method described in this thread
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/counterflow-chiller-tutorial-51793/

would I be able to apply the solder type fittings described in this thread to my pot?

I'd go with a weld-less fitting from Bargain Fittings.

Just picked up one of these today at HD for $28 bucks. at that price, its damn near free. I might buy another at that price, just to have a spare. its a little thinner guage aluminum than the the 40 quart aluminum pot I currently use, but it fits nicely on top of my natural gas hurricane burner. this is going to work great, so i can now brew 10 gallon batches, and reduce how often i have to brew i had been trying to locate a used 15 gallon keg to convert , but they are hard to come buy. now I just need to find a bigger brew bucket/barrell .

Picked up the only one they had left which was the display model for $20 just now...
I may actually have enough to do 10gal AG batches now w00t!

Back