Bottle Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesutton3

Reaction score
How is everyone storing their bottles?

Right now I'm putting the filled and capped bottles back in the cases I got them in. These cases are sitting in a back room that is used for storage. This method works really well for storage and keeping light from reaching the bottles but I'm still a little unsure about this technique.

If I get a bottle bomb I'll have a ruined cardboard case as well as have to clean beer out of the carpet. Which I know this isn't the worst thing to have to do but there has to be a better way. I'm sure this problem has been solved already. Any suggestions?

That's pretty much how I do it, except it's in my room. So hopefully I never get any bottle bombs. I measure the amount just right from what BeerSmith tells me I need for the temp in my room.

Stack the cases in those low profile plastic containers used for shoes or under beds if you are worried about leakage. If your cardboard case gets ruined, you can get new ones free with every case of beer.

I have them in a hall closet in shallow plastic bins. Haven't had one break or explode yet, but it's cheap insurance.

I use big plastic tubs with lids to hold mine while they are conditioning. When they are ready to drink, I move them back to their cases and cartons. I've never had any bombs, but I have had a few leakers.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/my-newly-discovered-bottle-storage-unit-90478/

There can be only one bottle storage unit!!

I've got one of these storing my bottles right now. I got a large legal size one. Each drawer holds 1 1/2 cases of bottles. That's right, 6 cases of beer will fit in this one filing cabinet.

I could be wrong but in the pictures there are 10 6-packs in each drawer which would be 2 1/2 cases per drawer for a total of 10 cases in the filing cabinet.

If you store in a cardboard box or other permiable container, just line the inside with a large trash bag before placing the bottles in it. If you have a bomb, the bag catches the mess before it ruins the box or makes a larger mess.

I just discovered that a square milk crate will hold exactly 24 regular 12oz bottles.

Latest posts

Back