Sacramento brew club?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidsons

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to the area and interested in finding local brewers or clubs in my area. I know there are a couple of new breweries in sac and a couple of brew shops, but I don't know what the brew scene is like?

Some of the clubs available:

* Gold Country Brewers Assocation
* Greenbelt Brewers Association

I normally go to the GBA meetings, and started going there because a friend brought me. I haven't been to any GCBA meetings, but they've been nice people when I've seen them out at events -- supposedly they're a slightly older crowd. GBA meets at Sudwerks on the third Tuesday of every month around 7, but come half an hour early to mingle and grab a beer at the dock store.

Beer peak for the city is Sacramento Beer Week in late February. Both clubs normally have a booth at the Capital Beer fest. Also, San Francisco Beer week is right before, so it can be a rough month.

I havent joined Gold Country Breweres Association but I've heard a ton of good things and if my work schedule didnt interfere I would so be at their meetings!

We get a majority of our supplies from Brew Ferment Distill in Oak Park on Broadway, Tim and his brother are great and always helpful. Plus he usually has a few beers on tap, free to drink ;)

We've also made a few brief stops to Folsom/Roseville Brewmiester when BFD doesnt have what we need/want.

If you're new to the area I would check out the Raley Field Brew Fest, Capitol Brew fest, Sac Beer Week and the NorCal Brew Fest. Its a great place to meet new people in the area.

There have a been a ton of new microbreweries opening up in the area the past 2 years or so. Loomis Basin in Loomis is great, good beer and they teach all grain classes and the owner is really nice. Love Rubicon in Midtown, American River Brewing in Rancho Cordova, Lockdown Brewing which has a room in Old Town Folsom and Rancho Cordova. Another new one is Track 7 which I haven't tried yet but have heard great things is somewhere over in Land Park area. And of course theres also River City Brewing which has been around for quite some time.

As far as tap selection and tap rooms... theres always the Yardhouse in Roseville. Samual Hornes in Folsom is good, lots of beer selections although I feel the atmosphere/staff could be more inviting. And Final Gravity which just opened in July up I guess its technically Roseville on Sierra College Blvd, went there for the first time last night. They have a lot of different stuff on tap and its always rotating. Great place to watch sports, they also have a ton of boardgames, the staff was super friendly and helpful and it just seems like a great place to spend a few hours hanging out with friends playing games or watching sports.

Hope this helps. Welcome to Sac... Its a great place for beer =)

GBA covers Vacaville to Sacramento. You have a good mix of characters - students, older adults, UCD Brewing Program peeps, etc. Mix of all experience levels. I joined about 3 months ago.

Pubs = "Placer Ultimate Brewing Societ (PUBS)" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]

Please join us this Thursday 1/17/2013 for our monthly meeting at Owl Club, Roseville, 6:30 - 8:30 PM.

We'll be back to our normal format
• Beer to study : Strong Ale
• Guest Speaker - Track 7 Brewery
• Club business / progress
• Beer week activity
• Membership cards ?
• Shirts
• Member discussion - how to ???, what am I doing wrong or help me or ... ?
and -- of course someone has to judge the "Strong Ale" homebrew competition.

Hope to see you at Owl Club 6:30 - 8:30 and if you can support the Owl club by buying some food or beer - that would be help us keep our free
monthly meeting - upstairs - 2nd floor.

Cheers

Back