HELP Any one have the june 1998 issue of byo??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justbrewit

Zythos Conisseur
Reaction score
there is a recipe in the june 98 issue of byo that i've been looking for. if any one has it i would be so greatful for the help!!!

any one?? any one at all?? i know theres got to be a couple brewers out there that have just about every issue!!!

i'm looking for the wine cooler recipe in there so that i can try and get my wife into brewing by way of the wine cooler!! i know, kinda sneaky, but hey, what ever works. all i remember is 4lbs DME and Koolaid packets, thats about it. do you by any chance have that issue orrelse?? thanks

I've got it here in front of me.

4 Lbs Muntons extra-light DME
48oz. light corn syrup
1Lb malto-dextrin
1pkg American or Australian ale yeast
10 pkgs unsweetened coolaid
3/4 cup corn sugar for priming

Boil 1 gal water, remove from stove, and add DME and malto-dextrin. Stir until dissolved.. Add corn syrup and return to boil. Boil for 30 minutes. Add to fermentation vessel that has 4 gal pre-boiled, chilled water. Pitch yeast and install air-lock. Fermentation should be complete in 5-7 days at 65 to 70 degrees.. Following fermentation, mix corn sugar dissolved in in one pint boiled water. Place dissolved corn sugar, fermented liquid, and packaged drinking mix in bottling bucket. Be careful the liquid will foam with the addition of the acidic drink mix. Bottle into eight sterilized 2-liter green bottles. Tighten on sterilized caps. Cooler is ready to drink when clear (7 to 10 days) but will improve over the next few weeks. Consume within 4 months if bottled in this fashion.

Oh my... Don't think I will be brewing this one.

Cheers
Rich

rich.........(wipes tear) thanks alot bud, now i can get the wife into the brewery with me(aka the kitchen) and get her into brewing as well. gotta keep SWMBO happy so i can be happy brewing!!! thanks again!!!!!

eeeeeeewwwwwwwww i won't be drinking them, thats all for her!! with any luck i'll be drinking a barley wine or some thing so hoppy that it makes hair grow in places i never knew i had places!!!!!

i'll just enjoy the after effects!!! lol

where at in colorado are you?? i lived there a long time ago. i was born there as a matter of fact, but i transplanted to cali where i plan to go back to after i leave germany!!

i was born in salida, but i have lived all over colorado. i was in arvada when the blizzard of '82 hit. i left in '89 though and haven't set foot back in the state since. i might go back one day and visit my dad, maybe do some fishing but i don't think i could live there again, too cold for me! i like my cali desert!!:D

Latest posts

Back