Beer Wars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
Haven't seen anything posted here, I may have just missed it if it was. But nevertheless, check this out. Its only screening for one day, and thats tomorrow. I wont be able to go but if anyone does, post a review please.

Large « Beer Wars Movie

Yeah, I was all hot to trot to go see it but I don't think I'll be able to make it. Sadly, the closest screening for us is one hour away in Myrtle Beach. And while we're on the subject, why only one day?

My thoughts exactly. They may have some sort of agreement with Regal Cinemas to where they paid to screen it for only one day. Im sure It has something to do with costs. Thats what I assume anyways. The closest screening for me is in Nashville, which is about an hour a way too. Maybe it will be on DVD, or some way to download it or stream it online.

Check the similar threads section below; there have been a couple about Beer Wars. The one time showing is done by a company - Fathom - that does other events like broadcasting operas from the Met live into theaters around the country. One of the downsides to this, apart from there being only one showing, is the cost - I think tickets are $16 here. I've heard $15 from some people.

The actual movie will be followed by a live panel discussion (30 minutes, I think) involving several people from the movie. It should be interesting because the panel, though they're all in the movie, will be watching it for the first time along with everybody in the theaters. You'll be seeing their real, immediate reactions to how the film turned out.

It will be on DVD eventually (later this year, maybe?), but I don't think they're planning on including the panel discussion on the DVD. Of course, that could change and I think it'd be a neat extra to have on the DVD.

More info at the Beer Wars movie site.

It finally was released on DVD today.

I just found this out through my longtime friend, Dave Stone, who did the animation for the film.
Gotta get me a copy!

it was the first thing i watch on netflix instance qurey. It was very intresting. to say the least. need to watch it again.

Back