Project Monsterator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, why did you get your tubing from brewmaster, rather than keg connection. Keg connection has 3/16 for $.49 per foot, rather than brewmaster at $.65 a foot.

*Components:Hoses, Swivel Nuts, Cross, Tee

Vs.

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/kegging/tubing

also,

Air Distributor - an 12 Way, 5/16 Check Valves!

Vs.

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/products/CO2-Distributors-14-MFL-6-port-0101772 X2

91.99 * 2 = 183.98

And additional shipping from different places.

I'm really not trying to burst your bubble, im just planning a order with keg connection and have been doing way too much product comparison, and want to know if there are some external variables (like their hose sucks) that i don't know about. I really hope im not sounding like a *******.

Between the 10% off that brewmasters warehouse was touting as well as their flat shipping rate it was significantly cheaper to purchase the tubing from them rather than keg connection.

Also, for aesthetic purposes I didn't want the 12-way. I'd rather have 2 separate lines running to each of the 6-ways. While I could've saved money on that part I think the look will ultimately be better.
Hope that helps!

yeah it dose. I'm a form over function guy, although that keg connection manifold is a mess. I gusee i just wanted to make sure you didnt think that the keg connection stuff was cheaply made or flimsy be3cause i might buy from them soon.

Those blue aluminum manifold parts are sold at harbor freight and I'm sure other places, I made my own 5-way but the price from kegconnection is better than buying all those check ball valves individually. I just had some already here so I built my own.

Updates!

Well, I got the top of the freezer primed:
Picture055.jpg

Initially, to get the 4 pieces for the collar cut I borrowed a small cordless ryobi circular saw. Unfortunately it wasn't big enough to cut the 2x4 at a 45 degree angle AND all 3 batteries died after about 3 test cuts. So I ended up going to home depot and renting a much larger one (which was a PITA, because the woman who was working there didn't understand what 45 degree cutting was... novel concept I guess?)

Anyways, after cutting them I decided to mock up what it's going to look like with the wood and the underportion of the lid. Here's what it's going to look like.

Picture052.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture054.jpg

The head on shot shows where the taps will be coming out of.

Next on the list for the day is to scuff up the wood and put another coat of stain/poly on top while it's nice out!

Tomorrow's plans include priming the rest of the fridge, and possibly figuring out exactly where these taps will be installed.

Cheers!

JUst a thought. Maybe switch your two longer 2X4's so that stamp woulnt be seen when you open the lid up. Nothing huge but I would think it would look better witout having to look at that stamp. Unless both bords have them which then this post is totally worthless. Either way this is a great looking project man. If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for the freezer?

The words won't show up, they were reversed in the pic. Thanks for the suggestion though! I paid 200 for the freezer delivered to my door.

Joe, what sand paper did you use to sand the rust off? Was it metalsand and if so, what grit? I have a similar problem with rust on the fridge that I just bought and was wondering what grit / type of paper you used to remove it.

looking good Dr.
Thank you. It is precision work after all.

Joe, what sand paper did you use to sand the rust off? Was it metalsand and if so, what grit? I have a similar problem with rust on the fridge that I just bought and was wondering what grit / type of paper you used to remove it.
I used 40-60 heavy grit sand paper on a 4x24 unit that i rented from HD. As you can see from the pic the paper itself was blue. I just made sure I put a significant amount of pressure behind it and just kept at it... it will definitely come up. Also, to get the finishing touches on it you may want some 80+/-grit to smooth it out a bit. I don't know the exact name of the paper but I can probably get it for you tomorrow or wednesday.

Yep he just blew my entire perception of him! :D
lol. I've been told that every time someone has met me, especially when you click on my profile you can see my old avatar.

Well, I'm adding another piece to the puzzle.

Our roomate is moving out, and I don't believe that we are going to find someone to fill that spot.....

So gf decided to give me the crazy idea that we can turn his room into the bar. Here's a quick layout that I've created: The > with lengths are the space between objects. Currently everything is either directly in a corner or centered.

beerroom.jpg

I'm looking into what needs to be done to make it work, while my gf is looking up signs and mirrors to put up. This should add an awesome dynamic to the build!

Some may ask why a bed is in the bar. There's 3 reasons:

1. It's upstairs currently and the room upstairs is used primarily as a gym, and we don't want it in there anymore
2. company
3. the dirty reason you're all thinking :D

:) They are actually my Hanson brothers glasses.

45960457a47994be7e_slapshot.jpg

There's actually no glass in them, I was just fooling around

One of the best movies, ever!

They brought their f*n TOYS with ‘em!
I’d rather have ‘em playing with their toys than playing with themselves.
They’re too dumb to play with themselves!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3QZfl7LBQw&feature=related]YouTube - Slapshot - Brawl Before Game[/ame]

Some may ask why a bed is in the bar. There's 3 reasons:

1. It's upstairs currently and the room upstairs is used primarily as a gym, and we don't want it in there anymore
2. company
3. the dirty reason you're all thinking :D

OH MAN! a bed next to the bar? Brilliant! I mean, what a timesaver :D

that kegerator is going to be HUGE! Your'e gonna stay busy keepin that thing full. You'll have to invite us all over once its done to commission it.

hehe. I opted for a LED DLP instead of LCD. While some may care about the depth, I'm used to it so I don't mind.

7 more perlicks and 9 more SS shanks are on order :)

What lego set is that? It looks like a house of some sort!

Wii, Cars, Lego's, Beer, When can I come over and hang out!?:mug:

Updates!!!

I got some time this afternoon to mock up what my perlicks are going to look like on the wood. Here's a preview!!

Picture056.jpg

And here are my 3 attempts at cutting holes through this test wood:

The left is 1", the middle is 3/4", and the end (which is the best fit) is 7/8". It's a snug fit but I'd rather not have any air leaking out.
Picture057.jpg

I also drilled pilot holes for all of the taps/shanks. I factored in a buffer of 7" on each end, as well as 4" gaps between each individual tap. The way my mind determined it was to use 3" of space on each side, and include 14 taps in the measurement rather than 12. This way I was an equal (and round) distance between the taps - 4". I like the uniformity of it. Here's a picture of the pilot holes all drilled:
Picture059.jpg

I'm still stuck on a few items:
1. How exaclty do I wire up the Johnson 419? I really don't know yet. Can't seem to find a quality howto.
2. what will I use in order to have a tight seal from the collar to the rest of the unit?
3. How exactly does the beer line match up to the end of a shank? I'm assuming there is an adapter but I don't know what it is?

Any help on those questions I'd really appreciate it.

My next few items to tackle will be coring out the holes, as well as situating the collar - glueing it together, assembling it to the top, etc. I also want to prime it soon. This is getting really cool!

You mean the tailpiece and nut?

insideview.jpg

The tailpiece is a nipple that seals with a gasket. The beer nut holds it to the shank.

-Joe

Awesome! Thanks to both of you for the picture and link. I'll be purchasing those very soon.

I also just put in my order for (7) perlick 575SS (the creamer faucets) and from what I was told the PO will be sent out tomorrow and the taps will be coming as soon as possible!

All Creamers? Aren't you the fancy man. These are like regular Perlicks that you can then push backwards for foam right? Thats how I understood it from reading.

Yessir. They are not on backorder until late may either. It's worth the extra 2 dollars to get them sooner. also, they were under 33 bucks each shipped which is still cheaper than the 425SS.

Joe! Be sure to let us know how you like those creamer faucets. I left a spot on my kegerator for one more faucet, and I think a creamer may be the way I go.

-Joe

Yessir. They are not on backorder until late may either. It's worth the extra 2 dollars to get them sooner. also, they were under 33 bucks each shipped which is still cheaper than the 425SS.

From where? I am interested in picking some up for my new mini-fridge build and thats not a bad deal!

The woman that I talked to was very nice, and she said that orders are pouring in. I told her more than likely it was from this site.

Back