Getting videos onto YouTube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I know there are a few here who have published brewing videos on YouTube.

Do I really have to adhere to the 10 min limit? The decoction mash video I have is roughly 25min long and I rather not split it up into parts if I can.

Does anyone know of a free (unlimited) MP4 converter. I'm working with an older version of Adobe Premiere and it doesn't support that format.

Thanks,

Kai

Yes, unless you got locked in as a 1hour limit director, everyone is limited to 10 minutes. What about google video? Any limits there? I've never tried it.

I did find a free AVI to MP4 converter somewhere but I don't recall the name.

Bobby_M said:
What about google video? Any limits there? I've never tried it.

Isn't YouTube Google?

I think Google Video is for also finding videos that are hosted at other places than YouTube.

It seemed to be that some users have gotten around the 10min limit, according to a google search. But I didn't find good instructions for this. I'll try a little more, but having 3 parts to the video is not the end of the world either.

Kai

I just changed my account to "director" and will try the MP4 coverter tonight. I'm fine with time restricted evals. I just don't like feature restricted ones.

Kai

Changing to director now doesn't help. There was a deadline some time ago that said anyone with director status could retain their 60 minute limit. Now that the date has passed, no accounts created will ever be able to exceed 10 minutes. It's a huge flaw.

Back