Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wrapped up this label for an Abbey Ale. I'm pretty happy with it and would will probably build out other labels around this esthetic. Made in photoshop btw.

3395154_orig.png

Took me 2 days, but I finally made it all the way through this thread. So many great designs and ideas!

I just use those Avery stick on labels and I usually only label the beers I give away. Here's the most recent one I'm working on. I tweaked Brandon O's graf recipe a little bit and made this nerdy label (yes I'm a Stephen King fan). I use Paint because there's way too many options in Photoshop/Gimp and I can't figure them out. Also, loving the Bleeding Cowboys font.

atsgraf.jpg

its_manbearpig said:
Took me 2 days, but I finally made it all the way through this thread. So many great designs and ideas!

I just use those Avery stick on labels and I usually only label the beers I give away. Here's the most recent one I'm working on. I tweaked Brandon O's graf recipe a little bit and made this nerdy label (yes I'm a Stephen King fan). I use Paint because there's way too many options in Photoshop/Gimp and I can't figure them out. Also, loving the Bleeding Cowboys font.

Awesome. Love it, still have a couple bottles of my gunslingers labels aren't that good though

Brewed 5 gal of Belgian Tripel yesterday. Designed this label today. I use the Avery 22809 water-resistant stickers and Avery's online software.

3monks.jpg

First batch that we have labeled. It's a holiday ale that we are serving at a couple party's. it's Santa, kind of... Kept it simple. It's just wrapping paper, two pearl beards and an unused bottle cap.

image-3521133221.jpg

Beads, not beards... Long night of labeling... Needs a brewery name, looking for ideas, and some other things, but that will be next time.

First batch that we have labeled. It's a holiday ale that we are serving at a couple party's. it's Santa, kind of... Kept it simple. It's just wrapping paper, two pearl beards and an unused bottle cap.

Very clever! And looks very time consuming!

Mostly for aesthetic reasons. Just looks cool. Side note, I too am originally from the Monterey area. 8th & Main in Carmel specifically.

I generally like oval-shaped labels as opposed to the wrap-around rectangular ones. Might try doing a rough multicolor paint job on my bottles instead of printing off labels each time.

e7JoQ.png

It's a pumpkin samurai, not a knight though. More for concept.

Putting the QR code on labels is a neat idea.

MrNic said:
I think a lot of people do it because it looks cool, but it also helps keep oxygen out if you're planning on aging the beer for many years.

How would I do this process myself? where would I get the wax?

I plan to store a few bottles for a year or two maybe more

You can get the wax at your LHBS, most likely. Put the pan of wax in another pan of boiling water to melt it. Then dip the bottles in.

Oter said:
You can get the wax at your LHBS, most likely. Put the pan of wax in another pan of boiling water to melt it. Then dip the bottles in.

Sounds like it's pretty easy, thanks a lot guys

I like this one a lot. The way the brewery badge sits on top of the background picture looks real nice. I don't think I like it as a concept, meaning I don't think I'd like most labels that would do that. But in this instance it has a good feel to it.

Rambling over... nice label :mug:

Latest posts

Back