Hop PLant Diagnosis.. Please!! Could use some advice!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

305HomeBrew

Reaction score
So yellow started forming a bit.. what looks to be some sort of mildew on a few leaves.. and if any one has good advice it would be grateful I'm trying to go the organic route but if i can't it's fine.. I've been growing for only about 3 months it's a Williamette hops plant.. I'm in MIami fl so i know mildews are a problem dew to the humidity.. and if thats the case whats the best way to handle it

photo(16).jpg

photo(22).jpg

Some pictures of the undersides of the leaves would help, but it does not look like mildew. To me it looks like leafhopper damage. Leafhoppers don't spend much time hanging around on a leaf, so it is often quite hard to find the actual insects, but the large stipling (those yellow dots) are quite distinctive for leafhoppers.

Dude your plants look fine... nature is full of bugs and mutations and random discolorations, etc... it's fine to try and nip problems in the behind before they come a big issue, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Not every leaf is going to be uniform. As long as the plant as a whole is not suffering visible damage you don't have anything to worry about.

Back