Question for the Moderators/Administrators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrstyunderwater

Reaction score
Perhaps this has been brought up before, so if it has I apologize. Anyway, I'd like to throw out the idea of having a "trading post" forum on here. For myself it would be really nice to be able to buy used gear off of people. I know that as folks advance in any hobby like to unload some of their older gear. Anyway, I think it might have a place on here so let me know what you think. I don't know how to contact the admin or I'd do that directly.

Perhaps this has been brought up before, so if it has I apologize. Anyway, I'd like to throw out the idea of having a "trading post" forum on here. For myself it would be really nice to be able to buy used gear off of people. I know that as folks advance in any hobby like to unload some of their older gear. Anyway, I think it might have a place on here so let me know what you think. I don't know how to contact the admin or I'd do that directly.

We do have the "classifieds" for everyone to use. Is that not what you're thinking?

shoots, I missed that!

Well, that's ok! Just make sure to look around more, and see if there's anything else you may have missed. I had a guy tell me this week that he didn't know that there were any forums below the recipe database. I was surprised, because it seems like I'm browsing all of the forums all of the time!

Yeah, I don't know how I did that. I knew from memory that there was a cider forum, I referred a friend to it in casual conversation. Sorry!

Well, that's ok! Just make sure to look around more, and see if there's anything else you may have missed. I had a guy tell me this week that he didn't know that there were any forums below the recipe database. I was surprised, because it seems like I'm browsing all of the forums all of the time!

I think those of us who use the "new posts" button tend to see more of the forum, we see whatever is "new" at any given time, across the entire forum.

In fact I often don't actually know what forum I may be answering a question in. In fact over the weekend someone made a comment about me posting in the mead or cider forum...but I didn't even pay attention to the forum, because it was just a typical brewing "process" question, that was pretty universal (I think it was sanitization related.)

But I did go back and replace the word "beer" with "Cider." :D

I am always impressed when I think something would be a really good idea and then figure out that its already done. Its like someone read your mind, went back in time, and did it for you already. Its pretty sweet.

Jeez... you didn't see the Classifieds section? Next thing you're going to tell me is you didn't see the button where you sign up for the free beer and candy! *shakes head*

Jeez... you didn't see the Classifieds section? Next thing you're going to tell me is you didn't see the button where you sign up for the free beer and candy! *shakes head*

It'd be nice if you could click that one more than once a day...

Back