Another sweet craigslist find thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkory

Reaction score
So I went a little overboard, but the deal was too good to pass up. Last week I picked up over 400 swing top bottles for $120. They completely filled my truck bed. I may take a picture once they're all good and clean.

Oh my gosh. Have cleaning them all, it's going to take forevvvveeeerrrrr.

Who was hanging on to 400 swing tops? Was it another homebrewer?

Okaaaaaaaaaaaay- I just saw this pic in the sticky:

You've got to do this!

beertree2ey3.jpg

I feel the Christmas Spirit already!

It was over 20 boxes of bottles. Completely filled the back of my truck. I just cleaned 60 of them last weekend (enough for 2 batches) and it took over 2 hours!

I may have to seriously consider that bottle tree!

yeah craigslist is the ****. I just found a place that sells a lot of 6 used Cornelius kegs for $100.

Okay, I've been hearing a lot about craigslist but I've never got around to using it. How do I search for things in my area? I know this is an uber-noob question but the closest thing I can find is the chicago area and I want to find things closer to me. Any special ways to search besides just typing in your city?

Okay, I've been hearing a lot about craigslist but I've never got around to using it. How do I search for things in my area? I know this is an uber-noob question but the closest thing I can find is the chicago area and I want to find things closer to me. Any special ways to search besides just typing in your city?

ON th emian page for craigslist you have to pick the region you want to search in.

If you're from a small city, it's likely that your city will not have it's own craigslist page.

Ah, so I'm not going to have much luck finding local stuff, am I?

Yes because the people selling stuff in your area have to post it in the closest one just as you can only search in the closest one. The actual add will give a more exact location.
Also you can request your town be added, if they get enough they will. My town just got added this year. I still search the 3-4 cities within an hour of me. You have to figure the drive into how good the deal is.

Craigslist is awesome....bought a 30# CO2 tank for $50 :ban:

There's now a guy trying to sell a 10# for $100! Yeah right buddy :p

Back